1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Interested in a Meeting?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Oct 19, 2005.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    couldn't help but notice that our forum has nothing in it... so gotta put something there. just wondering if anyone interested in a meeting? how about some suggestions for a meeting spot?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dave, we (Portland group) had a good meeting last Saturday, we are a new group and only 4 of our 6 members could make it but we had a nice lunch and some good Prius conversations. Our next meeting is Saturday January 14 at 11:00. It's really not too far from Olympia and we would enjoy having you.

http://prius.meetup.com/136/events/

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey i will keep it in mind... after all. Portland is less than half as far as i drove for our meeting last month

4. kjb516

kjb516 New Member

Where did you meet (Old Market Pub & Brewery)? I was going to attend, but I had to take my Prius in for an oil change last Saturday (not much fun attending a Prius meetup with a Suzuki Sidekick!).

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes that was the place. You should have come anyway I bet most of us have another vehicle we may not like as well as our Prius.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I could talk my wife in to a trip to Portland. I drop her downtown and meet with you. I will look at my schedule.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What about a Prius meet in Portland during the Jazz fest February 17 to the 26th. The second weekend would be better for events. This is a growing event and looks good this year. We could meet up during the day and groove in the evening and night

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee its getting farther away... what about Nov?

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We decided to skip November and December because there are too many other things going on, what with the holidays and all. Join the Meetup group to get notices of meetings. I really want to get the group active with regular meetings next year.

I like the idea of a meeting in time with the Jazz Festival, but the end of February is another long stretch from the January 14 meetup.

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i can understand the holiday blitz... Jan AND Feb is good. it would be nice to get a regular thing going... make it like the 2nd Saturday of every month or even every other month. something like that that can be planned on in advance might be something to think about

11. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

Dave, I see so many priuses on the road in the Seattle area it would be cool to have a western washington gathering. My suggestion is the First Place Bookstore Parking lot in Lake Forest Park where there is lots of room, a large place with food to gather out of the cold.

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey ok... go to the WA State forum and post a time!!
    if its the weekend i can make it most of the time. if have a few weeks i can do it

now you need to get a pretty good advance warning to get enough people aware of this. also posting general directions would be nice.

ooops! this is the WA state forum...

13. Matt_in_PDX

Matt_in_PDX New Member

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum. I have had a red 2006 pkg 7 on order for January delivery since Oct 2 in Portland. I don't know how the waiting list will really work out once cars start coming in. We had to rent a Prius at PDX to see what it was really like. We loved it.
    We're out of WA (just a little), but it would be great to meet other owners in the Northwest. Seattle is pretty far, but maybe we can get there in January.
    We're excited.
    Matt

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome!! Mores the better! Hope I get to a few gatherings this year and next.

15. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

How about the Lake Forest Park Second Place Books? Washington State needs better incentives for hybrids and high mileage vehicles. We might want to lobby for access to carpool lanes and less sales tax.

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    im good for a meeting... busy on the 19th.. and Dec 17th plus the specific holidays, but free for any other time

what day you have in mind?

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Doing that would make it esier to remember and plan for.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I suggest Spokane as a meeting place.

HEY! What's he doing here? *Looks at self in mirror.* Since when is Fargo in Washington? - - Nope, that was a long time ago. Fargo's still in North Dakota. I've been in Spokane for over two weeks now. -- Gosh, what a softie: can't even take a measley 30 degrees below zero and an 80-below-zero wind chill. - - Yeah, well, I'm getting old...

19. Mojo40

Mojo40 New Member

Agree on the lobby issue. Maybe no annual registration fees would be a start.

A popular place for car clubs (BMW, Corvette, etc.) is the Starbucks in Issaquah (in front of the Home Depot/Fred Meyer). I've gone there and seen 20+ BMW's parked in the huge parking lot. I've always wanted to get a Prius meeting there and humble the other car clubs. Most of the meetings seem to be on Sunday mornings.

Here's an idea. Everybody pitches in a buck and we buy a Starbucks card. After we tank up on Starbucks, we start a road rally and drive up to the Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls (for you non-Washingtonians, this is where the waterfall shots from the show Twin Peaks were taken). Here's the catch. We all reset our MPG when we leave, and then the one with the highest MPG for the trip wins the Starbucks card. No fair using block heaters, solar panels, etc.

Most weekends work for me as the wife would love to ditch me and kids to go Christmas Shopping. Kids (18 month and 4 years old) Love the prius as it talks to them.

Mojo

20. baxsie

baxsie Member

I'd be game for a Spokane meeting.

Maybe something low key, like meet for lunch on a weekday?