1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Interested in Prius Vizage Kit group buy???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danger, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A good friend from Socal tells me he bought a vacuum forming machine. But hasn't used it since there is no demand for kits or bumpers. He works in tandem with a body shop guy who is an expert at fiberglass. So he can make replica kits to fit perfectly. What I want to know is who is interested in the Vizage kit for the GEN III? Its a simple and classy kit. I do know the Japanese version you have to modify the rear pieces because the Japanese bumper is a little shorter. This will be modified for USDM bumpers to fit perfectly. The kit will be made out of ABS plastic to keep the price down or we can go with Polyurethane for a little more. The Vizage kit ranges from $850+, we are hoping to do it for less. If this works out we can even do full aftermarket bumpers in the future. The turn around time I am hoping for is 2-3 months. Please let me know who are really interested. Once I get a count of who's interested I'll talk with my friend to see what we can work out.

This is not limited to the Vizage kit. The Modellista Ver1 or mainly any lip kits can be made. I say lip kits now since it is easier and less cost up front then a whole bumper.

2. nivlac915

nivlac915 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    i'm interested if the price is rite.

3. JANSone

JANSone JANS one

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    how much would we be saving? I usually see it for $1k give or take and I wonder how much less it would be to go this route. I do like the idea of it being fiberglass, since the JP one is urethane (I think), but then again, there's different levels of quality when it comes to fiberglass too...

nivlac915 likes this.
  4. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I can't give a definite answer on price but it will be cheaper than retail price. We can make the kit out of ABS plastic but if we get enough people we can possibly make it out of urethane. As for fiberglass we will not be pursuing that avenue.