1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone know how the heated mirrors work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by poodlemaster, Jan 6, 2007.

1. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

i've just purchased my 07 prius and have read most of the manual, but i can't figure out how the heated mirrors work. is there a button somewhere that i'm missing or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Aviator

Aviator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poodlemaster @ Jan 6 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]371851[/snapback]</div>
    On my '06 they come on with the rear window defogger.

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Same with my 2006. The button is on the wheel, lower right, near the defrost and recirculate buttons. You can also activate rear defog/mirror heat in the Climate screen.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the site. There is a wealth of information here. Is there a lot of duplication in your manual? The 2006 manual is awful.

5. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Jan 6 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]371861[/snapback]</div>
    yes, there is. but absolutely nothing about the heated mirrors.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poodlemaster @ Jan 6 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]371864[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah it's mentioned in passing on page 110 of the 2004 owner's manual.

It's coupled with the rear defogger.

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Also with mine, in the 2006 they heat up only when I turn on the Rear Defroster. There is no independent switch to turn them on independent of the rear defrost (that I'm aware of).....

Welcome to PC. Let us know how you enjoy your new car!! :lol: :lol:

8. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jan 7 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]372059[/snapback]</div>
    i absolutely love my new prius! only problem is that seeing an avg. mpg. of 60.5 after 100 miles due to extremely conservitive driving + a little pulse and gliding is that i'm becoming sort of a menace on the road.

9. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poodlemaster @ Jan 7 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]372078[/snapback]</div>

Welcome to PC. :)

Please do not become a slave to your car :( ;

The important thing is not the 60 or 45 MPG but what is NOT emitted in the atmosphere and the fact that you are driving a marvel of technology.

10. hjon71

hjon71 Junior Member

A day late and a dollar short.
    That's the story of my life.
    Looks like you got your answer in triplicate.
    Cheers on the new car.

11. poodlemaster

poodlemaster New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Jan 7 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]372220[/snapback]</div>
    with all do respect, i disagree. no offense, but i could care less about the environment, not that there is anything at all wrong with caring about the environment. also, i could care less about spending 24k for a car's technology. my wife and i are full time college students and wanted a really safe car that would get excellent gas mileage, so the 60 or 45 MPG that you speak of is the most important thing to me.

12. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jan 7 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]372059[/snapback]</div>
    I discovered a new use for the side view mirror defrosters the other day. It had rained and the mirrors had a lot of water drops on them. I turned on the rear defroster and in about 5 minutes the mirrors were warm to the touch and the water drops had evaporated.

This heating elements snake around the entire back surface of the mirrors. I got a chance to see the elements when we installed side view mirror signal lights a couple of months ago.

13. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Tideland Prius said "Yeah it's mentioned in passing on page 110 of the 2004 owner's manual." - CORRECT

I found it on Pages 118-119 in the 2007 Owner's Manual. Sometime it's hard to find, but there's a wealth of information in your Owner's Manual. Since it's Indexing is less than wonderful, I started my own "Index" on a blank page in the back of my 2004 Owner's Manual, and have continued the habit in my 2007 Manual.

14. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have heated underground parking at my condo. When it's as cold as it is right now, a "high" of -16 C today, as soon as I drive in off the street the rearview mirrors fog up almost instantly. I've got into the habit of poking the rear defrost button on the steering wheel about half a block away, to give the mirrors time to heat up.

15. vince31

vince31 New Member

I have a top spec UK 06 model (T Spirit) with all the options, I can't get the heated mirrors to work either!!! The heated rear window works fine, so I know which switch to press and it works for the rear window, but no heated door mirrors. I checked the fuse and its fine. Car is going in for annual service next week and to get the mirrors checked out under warranty. I'm begining to think the UK model does not have them fitted, even the top spec. Are there any other UK model owners out there that can confirm either way for me if the car has heated mirrors fitted or not?

thanks, Vince

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the UK model has it. I recall someone saying he wanted to have heated mirrors for his dad's Prius in the UK.