1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know how to change the time in the NAV system?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pbeaule, May 23, 2006.

1. pbeaule

pbeaule New Member

In the NAV system, one of the options available is to show the ETA (estimated time of arrival). Unfortunately, I noticed that when Daylight Saving Time began last month, the time is now one hour off. The time on the clock in the car is OK, so I know it's not pulling it from there. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pbeaule @ May 23 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]260006[/snapback]</div>
    The time comes from the GPS system, so it's way more accurate than the car's clock. You need to go into the setup and pick the correct time offset. GPS works with UTC (or GMT or Zulu time), so the NAV system needs an offset for your time zone. I don't remember the exact menu steps, but it's in the NAV manual.

Tom

3. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Look, we all know the Prius is a highly technical vehicle, but the NAV system merely points you through space. You can not use it to navigate time. You're going to need a phone booth or a police box for that. Sorry.

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 24 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]260279[/snapback]</div>
    Not yet. B)

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 24 2006, 06:39 AM) [snapback]260279[/snapback]</div>
    Or a Flux Capacitor. :p

Marty McFly:
    Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a Prius?

Dr. Emmett Brown:
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some fuel efficiency?

Tony, every time I see any of your avatars, I mentally hear that character speaking what you've written. :)

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Do you realize what a horrible movie it would have been had Doc Brown used a Prius for the time machine.

Marty: "Punch it doc, we need to get up to 88 miles per hour!"
    Doc: "Are you out of your mind?! I'm averaging 61.4 miles per gallon with only two bars left and I'm not ruining that for nothing."

On the other hand
    Marty: "You better fill up doc, there's not enough gas to get up to 88 miles per hour."
    Doc: "How we're going, we don't need gas."

8. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know this is an old thread, sorry but I am wondering if there is any way to adjust (change) the time for the GPS NAV system? Mine is showing the time as 2 hours ahead in the bluetooth cell phone call log. I also can't find any way to change the time offset, there is no setup for this in the 06/07 Prius.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check your DST settings. It should be "OFF" now since DST started yesterday.

And then change your clock back an hour since someone didn't know there was a DST function and manually changed the clock instead of switching the DST setting ON/OFF.

10. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  11. njnick

njnick New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 23 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]260023[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks QBEE42 - it makes sense - I'll check my settings again to make sure they're all good. Didn't even think that they're getting them from the sattelite.

Much appreciated