1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know if Toyota will cover the cost of a rental car for a warranty IPM replacement?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wm581, Aug 28, 2023.

1. wm581

wm581 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My IPM failed and has to be replaced, the dealer said it’s under warranty which is great, but also said it could be up to two weeks to get the part delivered… not so great.

That said, has anyone had experience with their dealership providing a loaner? The tech I spoke with said Toyota might cover the cost of a rental since it’s a warranty issue but he needs to look into it as he was not sure which warranty issues cover rentals.

So before I book a rental car myself has anyone had a similar experience where Toyota provided you a loaner?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We call them Toyota Stealerships for a reason...

3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like you already answered your questions.
    They usually get you the rental though, because they get a discount.
    So let them take care of it.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow what part of Philly are you in I can't imagine living up there with only one mode of transportation I lived in South Philly for a few years always kept my bicycle my motorbike and my little Corolla SR5 even when I was practically homeless just kidding but still living in apartments in the '70s It was no way I could live in a place like that with one mode of transportation It just didn't seem reasonably sustainable I could have not had any motor transportation and rode the bus but I wasn't really down with that at the time so I spent a lot of time on my Italian scooters non-vespa's..

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hasn't happened with our Prius (yet) but when other dealers gave us free rentals to cover our car while out-of-service it was always their car, arranged by them. They took our credit card for a deposit just like any other rental, but there was never a rental charge.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  6. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    "Mister Dealer, how about you give me a call in two weeks when the part gets delivered and I'll bring the car in then?"