1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know of a great independent shop in DC/MD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by billinmd, Feb 11, 2013.

1. billinmd

billinmd Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am looking for a good independent shop in the DC metro area. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

iPad ? HD

2. Early Fan Nora

Early Fan Nora Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bill, I've owned Prii for the last 10 years and have ALWAYS had them serviced at a dealer -- until now. I just had a great experience with Mac's Service Center in Ashland, VA. My Gen I needed an inverter, the dealer quoted $5,000, and Mac did it for $2,300 -- which included a 36 mo/36k mile warranty, a tune-up, and detailing that even impressed my 20-year-old daughter, who's very particular! Mac was trained by Automobile Careers Development Center (ACDC, get it?); you can see the list of accredited service centers at Auto Careers Development Center - Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Repair Training. Ashland is about 90 miles south, but that's where I'm going from now on.

Nora

3. billinmd

billinmd Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks, Nora! I'm going to keep taking the newer Prius to the dealer until it is out of its 3/36 warranty, but it sounds like Mac's might be the place for the 2009!

iPad ? HD