1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know of a well-fitting, quality, thicker BLACK car cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priuslyfe, Aug 18, 2022.

1. priuslyfe

priuslyfe Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I basically want to keep my car hidden at night and a black cover seems like a good idea. Many I've seen seem to be made of a very flimsy thin material.

I was hoping maybe someone could direct me to a well-made Prius car cover.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Kimberly Clark makes some nice material for car covers I don't know the manufacturers that use their fabrics but look them up there or were quite a cool fabric and paper company

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My dad was all about car covers when I was a kid and he's was always trying to find a better one.

I suspect the reason you never see super thick car covers is because when you roll 'em up the thick ones are gonna be heavy and that has too much potential to scratch the paint. And people who use car covers tend to notice even the tiniest of scratches. So a lightweight and very soft fabric is the normal type you see. They might not last as long as a thick one, but taking your car cover off every morning and putting it on every night could create lots of scratches over time, so lighter and softer is the way to go.

And maybe in your case you can get two? A soft one that doesn't scratch and then use that cover as a template to make the pieces and sew a thicker one together that goes on top of the other one. Someone who is good at a sewing machine will be able to do that very quickly for you.