1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know stats on Japanese Prius sales?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Oct 27, 2005.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Over at the GM Inside News forum I've been defending hybrids. Someone posted This Blog Article from The Car Connection which claims that Prius sales in Japan are poor.

I know this is totally inaccurate, and the bloggist doesn't show any data to support his contentions, but neither did a quick google search reveal the data I need to give hard facts to contradict it.

I know someone here will have the numbers and would appreciate if you could point me to where that data is.

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know about for sure about Prius sales, but I have heard they've been brisk in Japan.

There was a contradictory article in an Australian paper a few months back where a Toyota exec was interviewed and stated the need to create 'distinct hybrid models', ala the Prius, because the HiHy and RX400 haven't sold as well as Toyota expected. Which would also point towards good Prius sales.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Better prices for those vehicles might help.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    There's a guy who posts occasionally who has "Ken in Japan" down in his signature area---but I can't remember his screen name, and couldn't figure it out when just now checking members' names.

If I remember right, he seemed to have good info in his posts.

By chance know who I mean?