1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone know where to find a gourmet or firewall location

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by rock88, Oct 9, 2013.

1. rock88

rock88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i need to thread some wires from the cabin to the engine. Any ideas how and where i can find a location to thread a wire through the firewall.thanks

2. rock88

rock88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i am installing some led strips on my headlights just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas do the positive and negative wire from the led strips go to the battery of fuse box, dont want to drain the battery . thanks

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lol, a gourmet huh? :D

On the hatchback, there is a big rubber grommet in the firewall near the gas pedal. Take a look at the stickied thread in the Prius hatchback mods forum for the OEM foglights. There are links to installation instructions that show where the grommet is. It's probably there on your c as well.

I'd wire the LED strips to come on in Ready mode if you want to use them like DRLs. For that, you'll need to tap a fuse in the engine compartment that is only powered when the car is in Ready mode.

Or you can tap the headlight or parking light positive wire if you want them to only come on with your lights.

SCH-I535

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. Richiebewan

Richiebewan New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    thanks . Now i can find a location to thread a wire through the firewall.

6. rock88

rock88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    thanks for the thread, i want to put some leds on the back near the licence plate and a set on both headlights.
    I want to use a toggle switch, someone was saying not use the battery, somebody was mentioning using a fuse tap in the fuse box in the engine since both my acc and hot wires in the cabin is already used by other devices.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be great thanks