1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone near Portland or Seaside/Tillamook that can program fob?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jules71, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Jules71

Jules71 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have a 2007 Prius. The key fob works if inserted into the slot. Smart buttons don't work. Prox sensor to unlock/lock doors doesn't work. (It did work before but the fob got wet over a year ago and stopped working.) We bought a USED OEM fob. I managed to do the chicken dance and got it to work just like the first one does (inserted only). Can someone help me with getting these to work for the lock/unlock buttons and prox?

2. Jules71

Jules71 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the button under the steering wheel is in the correct position (out). And I put brand new good quality batteries in both fobs.

What else can I do or check?

-Julie

#2 Jules71, Apr 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you purchase the silver logo version?

@PriusCamper makes it down from the SeaTac area at times, and or may know someone who could assist.

There are numerous prius centric repair shops in Ptown, call around for pricing and options?

Without a fully functional fob, you may need to reseed, do you already have techstream installed and a compatible cable?

Here is one seed source, and please let us know if you find others : Lexus, Scion, Toyota PASSCode Calculator / Generator: Calculate Pass-code by Seed number | Immobilizer Pincode Calculator