1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone remove the rear seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bwilson4web, Dec 2, 2013.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

We had the rear seats down when there was an unfortunate spillage of liquid detergent. The carpeted back of the seats have about a 1 ft. diameter stain but the worse is the soapy-perfume smell. Right now, I'm thinking:
    • remove the rear seat backs
    • remove and wash or replace the carpet on the back and the part behind the rear seat
    Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

2. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use a carpet cleaner/extractor with a hand held nozzle to get the soap out. Make sure you use only hot water in the hopper though - no need for more soap!

3. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We had this same liquid laundry detergent spill problem in back floor of my son's Jeep. Fortunately the carpet was easily removable. We first tried sucking out the detergent with a RugDoctor carpet cleaner, but that would have taken all day, so we sprayed the carpet with a garden hose for about a 45 minutes until no more detergent came out of it. Removing the seatback from the car is easy. It will allow you to work on it easier and speed up the drying process. According to the service manual, the rear seatback cover is also detachable from the seatback. however, I am not sure if you can use a garden hose on it. If not, the RugDoctor method is probably your best alternative, but it will take a long time. Failing that, you may have to replace the seatback cover. Good luck.