1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone running HALOS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by zaggs, Aug 14, 2011.

1. zaggs

zaggs New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Im looking to get some HALOs like AAC or something, but dont see them available for Prius. Anyone do that and if yes what did you run? Did you notice a drop in power after running them?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not really. There are halo equipped headlights available for the Prius. I know TYC makes some but they are in the $400+ range. Some of us performed HID projector retrofits for much better lighting. You can do a retrofit then install a CCFL ring inside the shroud for a really custom look or you can put it on the outside and look like every other ricer on the block. lol

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...16-headlight-projector-retrofit-hids-max.html

CG® - Chrome CCFL Halo Crystal Headlights with Amber Reflectors - 2008 Toyota Prius CG CCFL Halo Headlights - CG 02-AZ-TP06-PCC-RF-A

1 person likes this.
  3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I always thought TYC was kind of ghetto, but then I think that's the impression I got seeing the people who like to put their "Elegante" body kits on their Benzes.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So did I but they are about the only option for OEM style replacement lenses. :)

5. Scotty Danger

Scotty Danger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are similar styled headlights on ebay for around $250-280 per pair. Many said "DOT / SAE stamped".

I can't speak to their quality though. I know that a few other forum members did reviews and analyzed the cutoffs.

F8L's Morimoto projector retrofit is killer though!

1 person likes this.
  6. zaggs

zaggs New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three

That's for the tips!:rockon: