1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone seen or heard of Alpine SXS-695

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cymaster007, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cymaster007

cymaster007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was poking around on Rakuten trying to see what is available for the Prius- I saw that these speakers were listed as compatible for direct replacement for our Gen 3 prius. Has anyone seen or heard them in person? They are quite pricey but it looks like a direct fit. I am mostly interested in the squawker- it is labeled Alpine SXS-695 but I cannot find the speaker set on any of our US audio vendor sites.

2. Brock

Brock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having a sound system/sound dampening installed in my Prius today actually, it should be done in a few more hours. If you want I can give you a parts list, I have a parts list from 2 seperate audio places that they said would work with my 2012 prius. I did not replace the head unit though wanted to retain OE functions.

If you want to see it i can scan the parts lists when I get off work.

I believe the factory front speakers are a hair under 7 inches (oval for more bass), and the rear door speakers are like 5. I will know for sure when I get home though

3. cymaster007

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sure, that would be great- let me know what you put in and if it sounds good. I put infinity speakers in the door and they made a huge improvement, I am wondering what to put into the squawker position without having to cut the dash.... Someone has to have made a direct replacement- but I cannot find anything here stateside

4. Brock

Brock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

As for the tweeters, the second audio place Audio Plus the place I decided to go with the guy told me the factory tweeters will be fine since the replacement speakers will do more than enough because they are round, while the factory speakers are oval and sacrifice the highs for more lows to make up the lack of a subwoofer. ill post you the receipts one sec. Keep in mind the second receipt from Audio Plus is what I actually ended up going with audio wise, it does not show the sound dampening as it wasn't in their computer yet since they switched suppliers.
    The signal splitter in the first receipt I was told you sacrifice sound quality, where as with the 360.3 it manages it much better. Also disregard prices if you plan on a DIY install & internet buying. The total was right around 2k with parts & labor below on second receipt with sound dampening for the whole floor of the vehicle. I do not have the car back yet as he called at 5 and their computers crashed while they were tuning it so I will be picking it up tomorrow AM sometime when I have time. I will let you know how it sounds, was told on the phone by them that it sounds great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cymaster007

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice! Thats a good chunk of change to drop down on a sound system. please let me know how it sounds and what you do/dont like about it

6. Brock

Brock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hey picked the car up this afternoon. Sounds aammaazziinngg. It looks great ( looks oem except under the front 2 seats are the amp and sound manager, the rear has an enclosed 12 sub. All together it sounds really nice, full range and complete sounding. I kept the factory tweeters in though, but they sound so much better now that they are tuned and have a little more power to them. All in all I really like the system and can't really say anything negative about it. I retain all OEM function in the head unit, but it sounds just amazing. I can make a post with pics and somewhat more detail a little bit later