1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Tried AliExpress/Chinese Mail Order Injectors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Phildo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I need to clean the injectors from a 2007 Prius.

The place that I’ve been going to previously charges $A44 to clean each injector (ie $A176 for the four).

I can probably call some other places and find some cheaper pricing, but it’s still going to be relatively expensive.

Some things aren’t cheap here in Australia (I'm in Perth).

For the price of cleaning one injector here I can buy four complete injectors from either the US or China.

The Toyota part number for the Prius fuel injector is 23209-21020.
    (I use TOYOTA | Japan Parts EU and Engine, fuel system TOYOTA PRIUS [NHW20] (ASIA and MIDDLE EAST) to get part numbers.)

When I do a search for that part number on AliExpress.com I get numerous results offering me a set of four new injectors for around $US35 delivered (ie about the price of cleaning one injector here).

Example: 4pcs/lot Top quality fuel injector injection Nozzle OEM 23209 21020 23250 21020 For TOYOTA Prius Vitz Yaris 4cyl 1.5 1NZ -in Fuel Injector from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The brand is BINGWFPT.

Has anyone tried these injectors?

It seems that buying new ones (but NOT from Toyota) is an option to be looked into.

2. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
  3. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is your issue with your existing injectors? I can't offer any help with Aliexpress injectors but if your current injectors are operational you may consider cleaning the injectors yourself. Youtube has several video showing the use of carb cleaner through hoses through each injector using a 9v battery to open the injector.

Better yet is to get a canister fill it with an injector/carb cleaner that you connect to your fuel rail, attach pressure via air compressor and you can clean all 4 injectors inplace. You can purchase these on Aliexpress but the cheaper ones don't seem to have the connection to provide the appropriate pressure to the fuel rail. You can use this tool on all your cars.

4. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I've got six Priuses parked up at the moment, and two or three of them are showing signs of blocked injectors (ie rough idle, knocking sounds at idle, engine misfire, etc).

I've never cleaned injectors myself, but might need to learn to.

Is there a difference between doing them yourself vs having them cleaned in an expensive machine? (ie does the machine do a better job?)

5. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've never used a professional cleaning service however, there are several members of a Miata forum I'm part of that have had good experiences. They test the spray pattern, ultrasonic clean and replace caps and rings. Here in the states, depending on the car you can get new injectors for a little more than the cleaning service. Mr. Injector charges $18 per injector plus shipping both ways.

I would confirm that the problem is not with spark (inspect plugs and coils) and clean throttle body before spending money on new or cleaning service for injectors.

Not sure how difficult it is to remove the injectors from a Prius but if it is easy to remove I would first attempt to clean with a can of carb cleaner and a 9v battery (youtube).

6. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can't you get replacement injectors from either a Yaris or echo? They are of thee same 1NZ engines. If they aere expensive to get new, you can get those from any junk yard that handles Yaris or echo Toyota vehicles.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Have you tried a fuel injector cleaner, the kind you pour in the tank at a fill up? Look for one PolyEtherAmine (PEA) and good reviews. It's "low hanging fruit", something to try first.