1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone tried "Nu Finish"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RtStuf, Jul 26, 2008.

1. RtStuf

RtStuf www.rtstuf.com

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've used it on other cars but I'm hearing a lot about "Zaino".
    Any advise?

2. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Process means more than product.

... Brad

3. RtStuf

RtStuf www.rtstuf.com

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Guess I'm being dense - what does that mean?

4. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The process of washing/polishing/waxing your auto is MUCH, MUCH more important than the products you use. Of course, using the best process AND the best product is the ultimate. However, it's worth doing some research in terms of process before you go out and buy expensive products.

When you're done with researching process, you'll already know the best products. :)

... Brad

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Rotorhead

Rotorhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I used it back around 1980. At the time NuFinish was one of few products of this type. I used it on a red 1955 Chevy with a spotless body but badly oxidized paint. I spent an afternoon and when finished, the paint was sparkling. I'd be interested in hearing how it works on the newer paints.

Mike

7. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That stuff is FANTASTIC! I've been protecting my paint with it for at least 15 years now. So I swear by it.

Living in Minnesota, its the only product I'm aware of that can survive over 7 months of salt torture. Being too cold for that duration to reapply means most other products simply don't cut it.

If you live in a hostile environment, that's what I recommend.

8. redrockprius

redrockprius redrockprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Count me as another who has used NuFinish for many years with great satisfaction. In my case, there's been very little exposure to extreme cold or snow but I used it for several years in sultry, humid Florida and for several years in the dry but sometimes extremely hot southwest Utah desert. It survives multiple trips through commercial car washes before noticeably losing its shine and water-shedding characteristics.

9. cramam

cramam New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I too am sold on Nu Finish. Just bought some more today. Got my car yesterday and I always apply it to the wheels to keep brake dust from sticking so badly. I've tried the bigdog waxes like Klasse and Zaino but nothing does as good a job or lasts as long as NF.

10. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    nufinish used to be the #1 rated product in comsumers reports, but thier last car wax review it was a close tie between black magic liquid shine and turtle wax t6 carnauba and black magic had a high score for scratch resistance.

i tried nufinish 'scratch doctor' just recently, and it didnt seem to do anything so i returned it, and kragens was really cool about issuing me a refund even though i used a little bit of it

nufinish regular wax probably has that same money back gaurantee so you should be able to return it also

11. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would give the new "Ice" it was recommended to me for my clear bra. It's been keeping my black Prius looking pretty good. But I must admit I have never tried Nu finish.

12. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have used Nu Finish off and on for about 13 years, mostly on my 97 F250 Powerstroke. It's a polish, not a wax, but it does clean up the metal nicely. I've tried Maguiar's Yellow 26 on our 08 black Prius. Too soon to tell how it will last, and I haven't added Nu Finish on top of it. But I'm happy with both products.