1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone use DICE with iPhone?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CCC712, Aug 12, 2008.

1. CCC712

CCC712 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    According to the Prius Chat Shop, DICE has an "Advanced Mode" that lets you change song/playlist using both the MFD and the ipod. Does this mode work with the iPhone? I know with USA Spec the iphone doesn't work unless complete control is given to either the iphone or MFD.

Any other reviews on how the DICE works (or doesn't work) with the iphone would be appreciated. The only previous posts I found about the DICE with an iphone were from 2007 and I know they've done some updates and bug fixes since then.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually, I need to update the description on the Shop because it doesn't accurately reflect all of the DICE Silverline features.
    Here's a better description:

Controls from radio, steering wheel (if available) – iPod is locked - Browse on your radio the same way as if you would on your iPod. Note that all the latest iPod models are locked when connected to any accessory.

Watch out for the USA Spec system - it totally screwed with my 2006 MFD and Audio system (same one your 2008 has). I tried testing a unit that they sent me and I couldn't drive more than a few minutes without it messing something up with the rest of the software (buttons would stop working, wouldn't change inputs, etc). That's why we don't carry it in the PC Shop.

3. CCC712

CCC712 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the info about USA Spec... there's a local shop that carries the PA 15 TOY and I was considering it but when I called their tech support guy he didn't sound very knowledgable.

So based on your updated description of the DICE unit it sounds like it is the same as VAIS as far as controlling it with the MFD.

I have an ipod integration unit made by P.I.E. in my honda civic that doesn't lock out my iphone but they don't make one for a Prius without JBL or Nav. I was really hoping to find something like the P.I.E. that won't lock out the ipod portion of my iphone.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From what I understand, it's a software requirement in order to perform some of the advanced functions that the units can now do, so I don't think you're going to be able to find everything you want due to the Prius' MFD software.