1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone use the calibration function?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Doutt It, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Doutt It

Doutt It New Member

I just replaced the stock tires and wheels with something a little more "shiny". I've read all the forums on doing this and understand pro's and con's. In anycase, I found out how to reset the TPMS and saw the calibrate feature on the third page of the nav systems set up menu. It has a specifc button for changing tires. OK, I hit it and it say "going into calibration mode", switches back to the nav map and that's it. No further feedback.

Has anyone else done this? I'm planning on following a car with stock tires and wheels and see if my speedo is reading correctly now. Just wanted to see if there was an expert out there to tell me how this system works.

(I did (upgrade/downgrade) to some chrome 16" wheels and new Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds). :D

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just a tip...

Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds have the same rotations per mile as the OEM tires that come with the Prius. (855 rotations per mile). No calibration required. Just hold the tire pressure button under the steering wheel until it responds to tell the tire pressure monitoring system what your current tire pressure is. Done deal.

Cheers.

3. Doutt It

Doutt It New Member

Based on the tires and wheels that I purchased, my revolutions went from 824 to 811. The R205/55/16 made the overall tire/wheel diameter 24.9" from the OEM 24.5". Not much of a difference , but a difference.