1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone use the LED replacement light bulbs for the fog lights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffrimerman, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just bought an 05 with fog lights but one is out. I see LED bulbs. Are they any good? I want something with white light, not too yellow.

2. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is the lens cracked?

3. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I saw where something small hit it and caused a small piece of glass fall inward. You know what glass looks like when a bb gun hits it. It's a really tiny hole.

4. Valencia

Valencia New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    LED light bulbs are available with a wide range of color temperatures, but the warm white LED light bulbs that produce a light similar to a traditional incandescent light used in general home lighting are more expensive because more or brighter LEDs are required in the bulb. Best Led Headlamp Since cool white is the natural color of LED light, it is brighter, whereas chips that emit a warm white light require a phosphorous "filter" to "warm" the color temperature, thus reducing the chip's brightness.

5. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I pulled off the bottom plastic piece and found that the wire was just pulled off, I plugged it in and bam, lights on =) Thanks Valencia.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my experience the LEDs burn out very quickly and there is virtually no light output. Even HIDs are pretty useless in the factory foglights. IMO they are just for decoration.