1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone uses Motorola V195 phone in your prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by grokus, Aug 6, 2008.

1. grokus

grokus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have already setup my wife's Sony Ericsson W600i and it has been working perfectly. Now I'm trying to setup my own phone, a Motorola V195, so far I haven't been successful, the phone can detect the HANDS FREE device but after I enter the passcode "1111", the connection couldn't be established.

I have read the manuals (Prius and phone) carefully but haven't figured it out.

Does anyone happen to be using a Motorola V195 phone in your Prius? Thanks in advance.

2. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My wife uses a V195, I think. I haven't tried to pair it but I can try to remember to.

3. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I paired DW's V195 just fine this evening.

Just guessing - both the phone and the car have a limit on the number of devices they can pair to. Maybe one or the other has all its connections already?

1 person likes this.
  4. grokus

grokus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for getting back to me.

My V195 is a new phone so this was the first time I paired it with anything else. The Prius only paired with the Sony Ericsson phone but the menu seems to suggest that it can pair with multiple phones.

I will try again.

5. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You should be able to pair two phones - the only catch is that it won't automatically switch between paired phones. After you pair phone B the next time you want to pair phone A you'll have to go into the phone selection menu and tell it to look for that phone. It will automatically pair the same phone repeatedly as long as you don't switch phones (was that clear enough)?

1 person likes this.