1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone using Neo Car Audio's ProLink iPod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lrose1234, Dec 30, 2006.

1. lrose1234

lrose1234 New Member

I'm shopping around for an iPod interface for my 2007 Prius (package #2, no nav, no CD changer) and I wasn't able to get a completely straight answer from the folks at Neo Car Audio about whether their ProLink iPod adapter would be able to adequately deal with the absence of CD-changer buttons. I'm wondering if anyone out there in the great community of Prius owners had used this product, and if so whether they have a config like mine (specifically, no CD changer) and if it worked out for them.

Alternately, is anyone using another iPod adapter that they like and that works for Prii w/o the CD changer? I'm keen to do this, but I'm no installer, and I'm eager to avoid paying for the install and then not liking the results. Of course, I know I can use the AUX input, but I'm also afraid of a vehicular mishap while jabbing at my Nano (already had a close call or two!)

PS. This is my very first PriusChat post (wahoo!)

Many thanks,

Laurance Rosenzweig
    2007 Prius -- Package #2

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There are iPod interfaces made by VAIS and DICE, which allows you to operate the iPod via the screen. The VAIS costs more, but has had less problems than the DICE (at least for the 2006-2007). You can do a search on this site to see what they're like.

I have the DICE, but my Prius is a 2005 with the CD changer.

Welcome to the group! :)

3. lrose1234

lrose1234 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Dec 30 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]368605[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the quick and kind feedback! If I can ask one more question, does anyone have a how-to for removing the glovebox and right vent grill on an '06 or '07? I understand that this is how you get to the radio/head unit, but for someone who's never taken apart anything in a car, it sounds fraught with potential mishap.

Again, thanks!

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The interior of the Prius is just held together with plasic clips. Easy to disassemble and reassemble, but sometimes a little rattley. A drop of silicone lube, or some sticky neoprene, can help eliminate noises. Don't be afraid to pop your car apart, it just pushes back into place...