1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone watching Off Limits on Travel Channel?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone watching this show? More info at Off Limits : TV Shows : Travel Channel.

Awhile ago, I watched the "Dirty Secrets of Boston" of ep.

The host is a bit nuts to want to venture down into a sewer. I was also intrigued by the sewage treatment plant. I had no idea how bad Boston Harbor had become (and why) until I saw this ep. I'd only heard inklings about how badly polluted it was.

My first and only visit there was about a year ago and it seemed fine (not surprising due to the cleanup).

I thought it was pretty cool that in the Seattle ep, they went inside the concrete pontoons of the 520 floating bridge. I also like how they explained why they didn't use regular supports down to the bottom of the lake.

Besides the above eps, I've watched the the Los Angeles ep, and San Francisco ones. I'm in the middle of one on New York.

Check your favorite TV listing site, PVR, or Schedule : TV Shows : Travel Channel for upcoming airtimes...

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you didn't see george bush v. mike dukakis?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Long ago, I'd heard about Boston Harbor's pollution but never many details. I'd just started high school at the time of that election and didn't know much nor care much about politics. I remember Mark Russell singing a song about Michael Dukakis and how it would be the only President with a name that's fun to say...

I still don't care much about politics now...

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    join the club. i only remember that one because it was interesting to know what was going on in the state, and see how far off the national media was.:cool:

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  6. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've seen several episodes of the show...I only caught a few minutes of the Boston one though. I was in high school when Boston finished the cleanup. I lived there for a stint at The New England Journal of Medicine when the Big Dig was then in full swing (that is an even bigger engineering/political story). I knew of the water treatment project from some relatives that live there. When we visited, my aunt showed us pictures and videos of all the tunnels and treatment facilities that she volunteered at. My uncle lovingly said that his wife was then "a sh*t kicker*!

As for the show, the best segments I've seen are a secret Nazi compound in LA and the Coco Palms in Hawaii. Another good show is Mysteries at the Museum.