1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone with THIS problem? You can maybe get help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Pardon the wording I had to use to get attention for this.

An '05-owning woman over on the Yahoo "2G" group has been joined by a couple of others in stating a problem I hadn't heard before, and she's meeting with a Toyota Rep TOMORROW (Fri.) to discuss it.

HER problem is a "light spot", apparently about 2" in diameter, on the inside door panel (smooth paint) by the window, where she rests her arm with the window down.

OTHERS chimed in to complain about "lightened spots" on the smooth parts of their dash. Sounds like accelerated sun-fade from their descriptions.

Her dealer refused to replace the door panel, saying "it would probably just happen again", and himself referred her to the Toyota Rep. She's going to print the complaints of the others and take them with her.

Her e-mail address is available on her posts at 2G.

Edit to correct typo.

2. mkaliski

mkaliski Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have an 05 Prius and noticed a similar problem. The material on the door panel below the window is actually peeling off. I just decided to wait until a large chunk peels away and then return it to the dealer.

You might just wait a bit. It's far easier to argue when the evidence is irrefutable.

MK

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Certain suntan lotion ingredients apparently will remove the painted coating. Mine is getting "buffed" by my elbow. If I can find a way to cover it in fabric and have it look good, I will. No luck yet.