1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anything else to check before replacing gen3 Hybrid Battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Robert Shields, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Robert Shields

Robert Shields New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    180k miles, got the triangle and P0A80 code. Just for kicks I replaced the 12 volt battery, cleaned the EGR sys, intake, throttle body and hybrid fan in case it may be related, yeah yeah I know..wishful thinking. Drove great for ~80 miles now Triangle is back, getting 39mpg, and Dr. Prius voltage differential fluctuates all over the map shows often above .5 and even peaks for a moment to .9. Is there anything else to try before putting in a new hybrid battery? Mild chest pains.

Also, what's a reasonable price for a OEM Toyota Gen 3 battery for a DIY assuming someone will sell it to me.

Thanks!!

#1 Robert Shields, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. Robert Shields

Robert Shields New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the reply. I had read this and was very interested but decided to go with a more conservative approach with OEM as my kid will be taking it across the country. Have you been using them? Would love to hear feedback on them. I could find literally two feedback reports with users happy with the results. No negative commentary.

#3 Robert Shields, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  4. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes I have the lithium pack and its the best option if you are going DIY but if you can not then oem or third party like green bean is ok.

Zero complaints will be the outcome...

Robert Shields likes this.
  5. Paul E. Highway

Paul E. Highway Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Robert Shields and ASRDogman like this.