1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anything I should do when I pick up my Prius?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by winstonchapman, Dec 8, 2009.

1. winstonchapman

winstonchapman Prius Snob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This is just my second post, but I've already learned a lot from this forum. My first post resulted in some great advice about getting online dealer quotes, which in turn resulted in my cutting a deal for over $1900 below MSRP (but still have to pay that darn doc fee!) on a 2010 Prius V with AT that I'll be picking up this coming Monday. This is my first new car in a long time, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should do (or not do) at the dealership. Of course I'll inspect the vehicle visually and give it a test drive before writing the check, but I'm hoping that some you folks will have advice on anything I might not be thinking of. Thanks a lot!

2. Rhino

Rhino New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you have wheel locks, ask to see where the wheel lock key is. You don't want to start looking when you have a flat.

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! Sounds like an excellent deal on an excellent choice car.

Do not let the dealership pressure you into a bunch of dealer add-ons that you do not want. Remember anything you buy from them can be negotiated, just like the car price.

All I would add is to look the car over carefully to make sure you did not get one that had any shipping damage that the dealer repaired. Honda tried that with me once on a new accord and I caught them. The car had been dinged up on three different spots and they fixed and spotted the paint in. I saw it before I signed the sales contract and they got me a different car.

Good luck with your new Prius.

4. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    disable the passenger seat belt warning, and have the reverse beep changed to a single beep instead of constant beeping. You may want to ask them to set the remote to unlock all doors with a single click if you are comfortable with that.

5. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Read The Friendly Manual. It will take a while, but you will then you will at least know where the information is that you may need in the future.

To get up to speed quickly, download and read John1701a's User Guide. It is better organized and easier to read.

Ryan Bennett likes this.
  6. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unfortunately there isn't one of those for the 2010 model yet.