1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anything new in Tint ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by longdrive352, Sep 9, 2018.

1. longdrive352

longdrive352 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I live in NE FL. I just found a 2010 Prius II that I'm taking ownership of tomorrow. I'm pretty excited TBH. I've had civics for the last 20 years or better. One of the first things I'm planning to do to it, is tint the windows. However, its been years since I had to get my windows done, and I'm curious if there's anything new out that other members like. The last job I had done on my civic was 3M Crystalline. It was freaking EXPENSIVE, but I spend a lot of time on the road, and a little protection from the sun makes for a much more comfortable ride for me with my pasty white skin. LOL.

I'm really hoping somebody can recommend a film that is as good, or better, than Crystalline --- Yet doesn't hurt my bank account so very much !

I definitely want a film that eliminates as much heat as possible...not just UV.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi
    Congrats on you new purchase....

I will simply add look into Ceramic Tint... Do your research on the ceramic tint and also on the installer. Please not it *will* affect your pocket book....

hope this helps

3. longdrive352

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, I found a reputable installer... he used llumar and global (both ceramics). I love the way it looks. I just can't wait to see how well they perform.

20180910_194611.jpg

Attached Files:

4. longdrive352

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh, and I spent about $400. Front windshield included... it's like 80%. You can barely tell it's there, but it has really good heat absorbing numbers. Should really keep the interior looking good, and keep the AC from having to work too hard. And, I love the way it looks.

quantumy likes this.