1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anything new on Coastal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Brent, May 27, 2005.

1. Brent

Brent New Member

I am interested in purchasing the "I Agree" screen removal device and the video interface. However, it seems that these items are in an indefinite "wait" mode. Has anyone heard from Coastal with regard to when these will start shipping?

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The answer is no. This is a small R&D company with out major production facilities. Basically a mom and pop shop. They are also the only place you can go. What are you going to do. The stuff they deliver works. The stuff they make for us from my stand point is stuff that I want not that I need. I am willing to support the R&D and wait for delivery. I do expect things to get better. Dave are you listening?

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey ive only been waiting for 3 days...so far. getting an EV mod.

4. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    3 days? I've been waiting since 2/8/05!!

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    dbarry...if you are trying to give me that warm and fuzzy feeling... its NOT working...

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There've been some changes/additions to the Coastal site lately including the addition of a teaser for the IPOD interface with the MFD and the suggestion that the NAV defeat will include BT (not clear if it is a modification of the original, or a second seperate/higher priced device).

I'd bet that those developments are part of the delay, and I can't imagine that too many people will be upset if their NAV defeat includes the BT override for the same $75 price tag.

I'm lucky to have my own mods and no sense of urgency for the new and improved ones from Dave, but I sure wish someone would take him out to dinner and do some math with him about how much money he's losing, how much he stands to gain, and how much more confidence the rapidly growing Prius/hybrid population would have in his company if he'd simply hire a HS kid to respond to e-mails and keep the site updated. He might shell out a couple hundred bucks a week now, but I think it would be more than worth it in the long haul.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona