1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anything to watch in used 2005?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ophbalance, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking to pick up a used 2005 Prius with the BC package (everything but leather). The price is right (15800), as is the color (silver), trim level, and miles (32k). Is there anything "bad" to watch for in this model year?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the 12v battery is original, it's probably time to have it replaced. Also make sure any TSBs have been done.

3. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is starting to seem like a gem... it was sold from the current dealership where it now resides. The original owner used this dealer to maintain the car from start to finish, and recently traded into a different car (2010 maybe? do not know). So, the entire service history is going to be made available. The reason it's priced low is due to the length of time on the lot. No one is looking for 2005 (Prius, Prii, Priuses??) at this point, and they just can't move it. I'm going to try and shoot the moon, depending on the tread depth, and see if they won't discount some for new tires. Also see if I can't get an updated Navi DVD. Either way, it's too good to pass up, and we currently have $100 down on it. We hopefully sign and drive tomorrow depending on how the financing goes.

4. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it's a done deal. I just could not resist. Guess I'm going to have to start collecting xgauges for the SGII... I'll have to hit up hobbit here, or over at cleanmpg.