1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyway to recalibrate the position of the car - navigation system

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by setheriah, Mar 18, 2007.

1. setheriah

setheriah New Member

Any way for the navigation to reposition the car... try to reset to the default... or something like that... the beep for the turn was coming a little late....

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The "Set Up" menu has a couple of calibration screens.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can recalibrate for your tires and for position offset. Probably the tires need recalibration.

4. ibis315

ibis315 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 18 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]408240[/snapback]</div>
    How do you recalibrate for the tires??? Does that effect the speedo as well?

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(setheriah @ Mar 18 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]407946[/snapback]</div>
    From several previous experiences on late beeps, it may end up being a hit-and-miss thing even if you recalibrate.

When I was in Connecticut last year, at least twice I was already through an intersection before a turn-here was signaled even though the map looked like I had time. On other occasions, it's like the route was recalculated on-the-fly and only when it was too late to actually follow the directions did they get spoken.

If it's late for one turn but not for another, don't plan on an adjustment helping...

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ibis315 @ Mar 27 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]413083[/snapback]</div>
    Like IAP said, it's on the Setup menu. I think it's the third screen down. The procedure is in the manual. It may not fix everything, but it should help. You usually get enough warning with the dual-map screen to figure out where you need to turn even if the audio cue is late. Read the street name on the display, read the street name on the sign, turn as indicated...

I don't know if resetting the tires affects the speedo/odo or not. If you make a big change in wheel size, it may not be able to compensate. The wheels send a pulse with each rotation. If the pulses can be correlated to GPS changes, it may be able to recalibrate speedo/odo.