1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apline VPA-B221A and VPA-B222

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kolisar, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Kolisar

Kolisar New Member

Hello,

Being both new to PriusChat and a new Prius owner ('06, Seaside Pearl, Option Package 7) I have been lurking the forums for a week or so (since I picked up the car).

Yesterday I had the Apline 9835 and the KCA-420i taken out of what is now my wife's car ('04 Matrix) because it is too complicated for her to bother with. While at the shop having that removed I asked about iPod integration for a Pruis with the NAV system stating that removing it was not an option) and I was eventually told about the Apline FIT system (Factory Integration Technology) Apline FIT. It appears that this could be a good solution for those who do not want to wait for Costal Tech's system to come out.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience with this item? Also, does anyone know what level of integration will I get with the MFD (and if there are optional componants that will increase that integration)? Like many on this site, I am hoping for full integration with the touchscreen and steering wheel controls. Preferably I would be able to connet the iPod in a discreet location (hidden) and be able to select music based on Artist, Album, Playlist, etc...

Thanks,

Kolisar

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This looks like it replaces everything in the car except the screen. You will lose factory NAV, BT, consumption screens, backup camera, stereo, and possibly HVAC controls.

I'm pretty happy with the ipod control I have:

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

Nate

3. Kolisar

Kolisar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jun 11 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]269616[/snapback]</div>

Actually, according to the site
    It seems to have inputs for those devices but does not necessarily replace them.

The Vias unit does seem to get a lot of positive feedback, but it appears to be based off of playlists which, although common, is not how I usually use my iPod so I am looking for a way to select by Artist, like I could with the Alpine 9835.

Kolisar