1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple 30pin to USB+3.5mm cable

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Much More Better, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi boys and girls,

I just picked up one of these cables of off ebay for $4. It allows you to hook up an iOS device and get both power and audio with one cable. I got so sick of managing two cables so this is a blessing. Also, no more accidentally changing the volume because the volume slider is no longer displayed on the bottom. (of my iPhone)

I don't have NAV.

I have a DIY iphone holder that replaces my shifter so now one cable is so clean. PM me if you wanna know the seller I got the cable from.

Attached Files:

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Replaces your shifter?

3. Much More Better

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. beltwayskeptic

beltwayskeptic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Clarification on your cord. Assuming you're using it for an iPod, are you able to advance music with cord attached? Or do you need to decuple the cord to change playlist, song, etc.?

5. Much More Better

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To manage music you have to use the iPod/iphone screen itself. You cannot use the steering wheel controls or the head unit. You don't have to unplug the cord. That's why having the phone held on the shifter is so handy. Easy to read and touch.