1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple Car Play Question Volume Control

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by artieb, Jan 25, 2024.

1. artieb

artieb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    When on a navigation route you can mute the voice by turning down volume as Siri speaks or hit the mute button on right side of screen and there are 3 choices
    1 voice on with speaker icon
    2 voice on with speaker icon with a yellow triangular icon
    3 muted speaker icon
    What does the yellow icon represent ????? What happens when you select this?
    Cannot find it in the FM
    F for factory of course

2. artieb

artieb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I have a picture of the icon but cannot load a picture says problem occurred each time I try
    Not sure what I’m doing incorrectly
    Advise please

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    When you set up a route, there is an option to use the speaker only for alerts, not directions. I would guess that that option is what the yellow icon is for.

artieb likes this.
  4. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    On mine, I have a volume rocker on the left side of the steering wheel. I found that holding the "source" button also mutes the sound.

5. Gwyd

Gwyd Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Is the icon on your phone or the cars infotainment system?

Found this with google:
    "
    • volume icon: turns on all voice guidance
    • volume icon with a triangle containing an exclamation mark: turns on voice alerts only
    • volume icon crossed out: turns off all voice guidance
    Note: "Voice alerts only" mode only gives voice notifications of suggested route changes or traffic issues coming up on your current route.
    Also, with any of these options, Maps still shows the route you've requested. These volume icons only control whether Siri speaks (ie, provides voice guidance for) the turn-by-turn steps through the route."
    Original Link

Not really related to your question, but something that might be useful to others:

I've found that sometimes the navigation volume is much lower than the music volume. To fix it I've been going into the infotainment system menus to turn it up, but my wife discovered another way.
    While the navigation is speaking use the volume rocker on the steering wheel to turn it up/down. Somehow the car knows to only increase/decrease the navigation volume independently from the music.
    Sooo much easier than navigating the infotainment while driving!!

artieb likes this.
  6. artieb

artieb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e

Thanks