1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple CarPlay Intermittently Disconnects, 2022 Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by rslitman, Aug 26, 2023.

1. rslitman

rslitman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Another member of my household has a 2022 Prime, bought new on October 1, 2021. He has an intermittent problem where Apple CarPlay disconnects from his iPhone. I have also tried my Android phone with Android Auto, and the same thing occurs.

One of the few times he had it in to a dealer for servicing, he brought up the issue. The service technician tried it with his iPhone and did not have the problem. However, the problem with my household member's iPhone usually happens after the iPhone has been connected for five minutes or so, and my feeling is that the service technician did not wait the full five minutes to see what happens.

Has anyone here experienced this issue? Incidentally, this person does not think the issue is on Apple's end because it's also happening with my Android phone on this vehicle.

2. captqc

captqc Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Only thing that I’ve heard about this type of issue is with the cord that is used. In the case of Apple they can be fussy about aftermarket cords, no experience with android however.