1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Apple iOS in the Car for Toyota Entune?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Jared Levy, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Jared Levy

Jared Levy New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

I'm brand new to the Prius group. Just purchased my 2013 Prius C Three last week and have loved 90% of the car so far. The 10% that I don't love I'll attribute directly to the limitations and poor interface in the Entune software (to me, just looks like lazy drafting of the program).

I was encouraged to hear that Apple is planning on integrating its iOS features into car manufacturer's navigation displays. Being the owner of an iPhone 5, and a car with a navigation display, I was pleasantly pleased by this. However, I curiously did not see Toyota's name in the list of manufacturers planning on introducing this software.

Any idea if Toyota will in the future allow the Entune system to be overridden by iOS?

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Probably not. They were listed in last year's announcement of car companies considering support for siri eyes free in the car, but then comments from Toyota bigwigs came out indicating they were not really interested. This weeks announcement of full blown iOSsification of cars did not include Toyota as one of the supporters.

3. PriusC-illa

PriusC-illa Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What a bummer, iOS integration would be so useful :unsure:

Jcsheridan226 likes this.
  4. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Probably some aftermarket ones could bring this feature.

5. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm curious on this if it is an "add on" module to existing touch head units or is a complete radio.

6. Toyota isn't supporting "iOS in the car" so I doubt it, at least not for the time being.

I'm sure if Toyota does support it later it'll be like "Starting with our 2015 models..."