1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Applying the Console Lid Back

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Amanda02, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Amanda02

Amanda02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Attaching Back:
    Middle console Lid of a 2005 Toyota Prius Hybrid.
    Friend took the Lid off to install the New Cover.
    But now is unable to attach because the Screws are not connecting to the device.
    Since the Cover has been neatly sealed replaced.
    He didn't take the top of the Middle Console Lid off by removing the back or any panel. But the Lid itself etc. He only unscrewed the 4 screws that's attached to the Middle Console, when the Console Lid is opened.
    What a Dumbass ... ☠️.
    Can someone help ?
    I'd be so very grateful.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So he only took the four screws on the underside of the lid undone and took just the top off leaving the lower plastic connected to the hinge and the four screws that hold the two hinge pieces onto the underside of the lid All you're trying to do is put the very top on and the screws won't screw into the holes is it possible you have the wrong screws?

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are the screws you are trying to use black gold or silver chrome?

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That lid can be really tricky to get lined up so you can screw it back together. Your friend just needs to study it a bit more and be patient until he can get it lined up, then the screws will bite properly. It's a long while ago since I messed with mine, but I still remember it was a bit of a bear to get it back together.

Amanda02 likes this.
  5. Amanda02

Amanda02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes that's exactly correct. The Console Box is intact. Just the Console Top (Lid) Is Not. And Yes Sir, I Do Have All 4/6 Screws.
    He Opened The Console and Removed The Lid From The Comportment.
    And Thank You For Responding Back. It's Greatly Appreciated.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'll go out today and pull one of mine apart I got a bunch of them I believe the lid kind of has to snap on and line up properly and like the man above said the screws then will go in Don't try to wump them in there because you'll be making new holes and plastic you don't want to make holes in you want to get the lid lined up to the console so that when you close it before you put the screws on it it looks like it's lined up then you can flip it open apply a screw and gently apply turning and see if it accepts its hole. If you don't do this you could mess it up and be heading for the junkyard or not having a console I didn't recover mine I just turned it black plastic like my other cars now there's nothing to do it's black plastic doesn't get stained doesn't get yucky it's not tan to get black again it's black to stay black when I get always turns kind of makes sense to me

Amanda02 likes this.