1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"aptera"

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by andyprius, Jun 1, 2008.

1. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How many other CA types have registered for a Aptera. Please respond.:cheer2:

2. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not yet, but I figure I'll put down my $500 deposit before the end of the year. Trying to get down to the factory to see a cockpit first hand. They're not yet doing test drives for potential purchasers.

I'm looking at the Hybrid version since I travel from Vegas to SoCal a lot. I figure to average about 200 MPG over that trip, or more!

This will be a definite buy in 2010, unless the next prius is another significant improvement over the current model.

[​IMG]

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not in California, and not in the market for a second car, so my name's not on the list. But that sure is a cool looking car, with great mileage. Here's a forum dedicated to the Aptera for those who are interested.

4. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am not totally sure, but at some point, late 2008 or 2009 only registered aptera clients " May " be able to tour the facility and test drive. I believe at that time they will be very busy with people who put thier $500 down on the car. At about one month before your car is ready, you will be notified and can then tour and test drive, before actually making a full comitment to purchase. The $500 stays in escrow until you either cancel or purchase, if canceled they promise a full return with no questions. That's a pretty good deal. Nice picture you inserted, I wish I could do that.

5. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    With the new PC software i just copied and pasted a picture from the Aptera website. Thank them for having good photos and not having the whole site in Flash.