1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are 2012 Prius V parts compatible with Prius C parts ?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Austinn345, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Austinn345

Austinn345 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I’m just asking because my ABS actuator for my Prius C has been having problems with the brakes and I wanted to know if I could swap the ABS actuator of a 2012 Prius V model with the ABS actuator of a Prius C model

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seems like a stretch...

Usually I figure these types of questions by getting on ebay and trying to find the part for each one and find a common offer that indicates they're compatible.

But when it comes to an actuator it's price gets outrageous in online pricing even thought it's a less than $200 part at a wrecking yard. But, Answer to your question depends on where you're at in car repair:

If this is the only car you're working on I think you're better off buying a used actuator for exact model month&year from a wrecking yard.

Or if you got a shop full of Prius parts and you want to entertain us, then yes please do try to swap them! I'm sure it'll work great! :)

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Highly doubtful. Very different size, weight cars. You're more likely to find compatible parts from a similar weight class vehicle like the Yaris.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There’s definitely no interchange of the service parts. Toyota’s Electronic Parts Catalog lists different series of part numbers for the brake booster with master cylinder assembly: for Prius v cars, the part numbers begin with 47050-47xxx, but for Prius c cars, they begin with 47050-52xxx.

The electrical connectors and mechanical design are similar—the illustrations in the New Car Features books (more info) show a narrower clevis at the end of the operating rod on the Prius c version—but this assembly also contains the skid control ECU, the computer that runs the brake system, which almost certainly needs different software for a 3,300-pound Prius v than for a 2,500-pound Prius c.

If you try to install the wrong one, the skid control ECU should store diagnostic trouble code C1203, ECM Communication Circuit Malfunction, since the identification information from the power management control ECU and other ECUs on the car wouldn’t be correct.