1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are 2018 camry hybrid modules fully compatible with gen 3?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by waldox, Apr 2, 2021.

1. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    i found a used $800 2018 camry hybrid pack, are these modules compatible and can be mixed in with gen 3 prius hybrid modules?
    im aware gen 3 hybrid modules have lower Internal resistance vs gen 2 prius and should not be mixed.
    gen 3 modules are designed for higher charge and discharge Amps compared with gen 2 prius modules.

2. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi hows it going :) assuming its the same NiMH powered AVV71 camry same as we get in Australia, they will be the newer flat top style modules same as gen4 prius and corolla etc since 2016 which people have been successfully using in 2nd and 3rd gen on here for a while now, would not mix the flat top modules with old style personally but great if you have enough to do your whole pack

3. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    yes it would be a 2018 nimh camry, what are the differences between flat top or old style? i have gen 3 prius V, which style are those modules?

4. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hey Waldox :)

I don't know how they are different to gen2 /3 modules sorry mate, I haven't looked at the technical data for them yet they are still a bit new and haven't seen a failed pack my end yet .. I know of cabbies using 2017 Camrys with nearly 300,000km that have the original pack so they can't be too bad!

With your V, again im not sure where you are and they seem to be area specific but in Australia 7seat V has lithium and 5 seat gets the same NiMH modules as gen3

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.