1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are all Prii tailpipes clean?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Oct 9, 2005.

?
  1. Yes, glistening clean.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but it wouldn’t quite pass a white glove test.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but not black.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it looks like every other car’s exhaust.Huh? The Prius has an exhaust pipe?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    On a previous post, I had asked the question,

“If the Prius is that clean of a car, does it still have a black tail pipe?â€
    http://priuschat.com/Is-the-Prius-a-clean-car-t11184.html

. . . I forgot to add a poll. :huh: [you can't add one to the post after the fact]

By the way, if you don’t know, the Prius exhaust pipe is kind of hidden under the rear bumper and towards the right side for left-hand drive Prii . . . not sure if different for right-hand drive models.

I was truly amazed at the cleanliness of the inside of the exhaust pipe. After 13,000+ miles, it’s still shiny!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you can't burn something without producing carbon... and that's what turns tailpipes black. despite the fact that the car is very clean, especially when compared to other cars, it still does produce emissions that will dirty up a tailpipe.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    WOW that is sooo cool!!. i just checked mine. no rust, still shiny on the top... bottom might be a bit dirty from the excessive rain we get here. but 17,000+ miles makes me wonder how long it takes before a regular car exhaust starts to show age

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I will check in a little while. It's still a little wet outside.

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yikes!
    The poll was to have five choices, but the computer made it four . . . and I see no way for me to fix it!

They should have been:

Yes, glistening clean.
    Yes, but it wouldn’t quite pass a white glove test
    No, but not black.
    No, it looks like every other car’s exhaust.
    Huh? The Prius has an exhaust pipe?

Oh well. :mellow:

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    not quite sure you can fix it, but i do like your last option.

7. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Reminds me of a joke I played on my brother and his brother-in-law while showing off my recently purchased Prius. As we walked around the car, I pointed out that the Prius was so clean it didn't even have a tailpipe. Had them going for awhile.

8. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

Anyone know if it's feasible to rig dual exhausts on a Prius? Would Toyota have to stuff another ICE under the hood, with its own exhaust system?

Sooner or later, someone will do it. Too many 'murricans love dual exhausts for someone not to.

Also, anyone see one of those cute little stick-on propellers on the back of a Prius?
    You might be able to fool some of your car knowledge-challenged friends with one of those.

Just a slow Sunday afternoon...now the Padres, Red Sox and Braves are gone...in a couple hours, hopefully, the Yankees will follow...then it's The League Championship Series and World Series NOBODY WATCHED...

9. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

But the C in gasoline can come out of the tailpipe in the form of CO2. That won't form any deposits.

10. IFixEm

IFixEm New Member

it has already happened! There is an 05 that comes in. Black with ghost blue flames(shoud have been lightning bolts) past the doors, and it has 2 shiny chrome tailpipes on it. The owner went to shucks and bought 2 chrome exhaust tips and screwed them right to the bottom of the bumper! the oem one is tucked under the car a bit so all you notice is the bright shiny chrome ones.....one on the left and one on the right. It got 2 thumbs up from all the guys here.
    Regadrs, Mike