1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are Bumper Reinforcements symetrical?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by k9scooter, Dec 18, 2009.

1. k9scooter

k9scooter New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great forum everyone. I just found it and it's so informative I can't believe it. Anyways, I was involved in a minor fender bender (my fault), and I don't want to involve my insurance company (been crashing a lot in the last 2 years). I damaged the bumper cover, bumper reinforcement, hood and hood hinges, and driver's light. I've taken it apart and now I'm finding the parts to put it back together. I was wondering if the aluminum bumper reinforcement is symetrical. Mine isn't and that's what leads me to believe that I damaged it. Then I thought that maybe they aren't symetrical to begin with. What better place to find out the answer than simply asking it on this site. One other thing, has anybody used a steel hood and had good results with it. Steel hoods can be purchased for a song. Thanks.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    From the illustration in the service manual, the bumper reinforcement appears to be symmetrical except for the extra hole on the drivers side for the tow ring.

Attached Files: