1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are cookies working?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by pat, Dec 1, 2003.

1. pat

pat New Member

Hi Danny - I've noticed that I need to login every time that I visit the site even if I check the "remember me" box. Has this been updated since you brought the site back online?

2. pat

pat New Member

PriusOnline was having similiar problems as this but their problems were specific to IE browsers. I've tested your site with Mozilla and am still having problems.

But here's some info from from the PriusOnline site that you might want to have. It might be helpful. "The cookie which stores your login information was set to come from www.PriusOnline.com apperently Internet Explorer isn't smart enough to realise that capitalization doesn't effect anything in domain names so it thaught it was different than www.priusonline.com. It is now set to www.priusonline.com which seems to make Internet Explorer happy."

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been having the same problem since the move to the new site - checking out the information from PriusOnline now...thanks, Pat!

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, it should be fixed now. Let me know how it's working and if you are having the same problems.

Special thanks to the folks at PriusOnline for the advice.

Danny

5. pat

pat New Member

Hi Danny,

The good news is that it appears to be working from Mozilla. 8)

The not-so-good news is that it still isn't working from I.E. I checked my cookies using windows explorer and and there is one from "[email protected]/" which expires 11/30/2004. It was last modified yesterday at 6:36 AM and last accessed this morning when I tried to log in. The interesting thing is that the last time that it was checked was yesterday morning at 6:36 AM. I don't know the intricacies of how IE works with cookies but it seems as if the "last checked" date should have been incremented as well. I'll delete this cookie and then try again but wanted you to be aware of it.

6. pat

pat New Member

Hi again....

As you probably have figured out, the cookie [email protected]/ was an old cookie which you've replaced with one named "forums". Anyway, I deleted the [email protected]/ cookie AND the forums cookie. I logged into priuschat again, created a new forums cookie, and everything appears to be working OK from IE. Thanks for all your help in getting this working.

Now we just need to get all the folks over here. What was the saying from the movie "Field of Dreams" ---- Build it and they will come...... :)

Take care,
    Pat

WE0H likes this.