1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are demoncrats racist and bigots?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Remember the vilificaton that Trent Lott received from the left and the left saturated media. Well how about this for another fine example of a hypocritical double standard from the left.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/7/...513.shtml?s=icp

and another . . .

http://www.rightsided.org/index.php/2004/0...bloggerblogger/

and another . . .

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/in...pages.democrats

ad nauseum . . .

http://members.tripod.com/~GOPcapitalist/democratrecord.html

http://www.smithsophian.com/media/storage/...mithsophian.com

2. Prakash

Prakash New Member

Are demoncrats (Democrats) racist and bigots?, Yes they are. . . Is that so?

Let us take a look at a few Republicans......and their comments:

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/09/lott.comment/

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/30/bennett.comments/

http://www.ncdp.org/node/1080

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/15/1450243

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dufor...mID66/3532.html

It is both wrong and inaccurate to claim that Democrats are bigots and racists. Using comments that were made by certain Democrats to claim that all Democrats are bigots and racists is wrong. The same goes for the Republican Party. Certain people are racist, and others bigots. But the same cannot go for all members of a given Political Party.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Both major parties are profoundly racist, reflecting the deep-seeded racism of the country at large.

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    All Americans are racists and bigots. If any of us fails to recognize our own racism and bigotry, then we all are destined to suffer from it. Democrats and Republicans included.

Nate

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds to me that we have more in common that we originally thought.

Xenophobes of the world, UNITE!!

6. jtullos

jtullos New Member

I'm originally from Mississippi. When I was younger (before I really cared much about politics) I met Trent Lott. I believe it was in 1996. But even with little concern for politics, he just seemed like a scumbag then. Unfortunately, being from MS, I know exactly why he was elected.

7. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 13 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]285642[/snapback]</div>
    'all'? Not sure I am a racist, or a bigot. However, I am left leaning Republican, who is all for Teddy and Abe and none of the Republicans of today...So my view is tainted.

Unless you mean by racist, as in , I am HUMAN racist. And I am bigot when it comes to thinking the human race is number one. Then you got me.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    funny how the word "democrat" is mispelled... :lol:

as far as i'm concerned, i don't trust either party anymore.

9. Prakash

Prakash New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 13 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]285642[/snapback]</div>
    Our history is no doubt filled with racism, however I am more than sure that not ALL AMERICANS are racists and bigots. Recognizing that our history is filled with it is being realistic; however claiming that all 200+ Million Americans are indeed racist is once again, inaccurate and wrong... and pessimistic at best.

10. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No one is truly color blind. Many people believe they are, but in order for a person to set aside his prejudices, he must first recognize them. Usually, this will manifest itself subtly. Are you a bit surprised when you find out your black friend can't dance? Or can't shoot hoops? How about when you find out the laudromat owner is Chinese?

When you see a black woman with 7 kids, do you figure she must be babysitting for the neighbors? Or do you assume they must all be hers?

Racism is subtle nowadays. Those of you who feel you are completely free of racism, I challenge you to take another look. If you come back flawless, then I retract my statement. If you are 99.44% free of racism, awesome, work on the .56%, but I doubt you can come back with 100%.

Watch the movie "Crash" for an interesting take on racism.

Nate

11. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Wildkow,

This thread really shows your bigotry and blindness to reality.....

12. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 13 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]285642[/snapback]</div>
    Just to clarify -- are you saying all black Americans, chinese Americans, indian Americans, etc. are racist and bigoted? Or only white european-descent Americans?

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 13 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]285771[/snapback]</div>
    OMG! I may have to agree with you again!!! Ack! :blink:

Wildkow

p.s. Don't really know much about Trent except he lost his seat as majority leader for his remarks and quid pro quo for remarks from the otherside has not materialized. Not that it should, just a point. Hey how bout them "Tax Cuts"?!?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Jul 13 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]285844[/snapback]</div>
    Dare I say "the blind leading the blind."?

14. bruceb

bruceb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 13 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]285642[/snapback]</div>
    Amusing thread. At age 53 I would politely recommend the following: Instead of listening to idle drivel (as above) , work hard, be honest, take care of your family. Try it, you'll be surprised how happy you are... You won't care what the Dan "Blathers" of the world say... If everyone was responsible for their own lives, it would make for a much better world.... ;)

15. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Jul 13 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]285888[/snapback]</div>
    In a word, yes. But, I'm not trying to be negative; I'm simply trying to get people to recognize their own prejudice everytime they interact with someone they don't know. Some anthropologists believe that racism is the result of the brain trying to be efficient at weeding out danger. If we don't see this, and address it in ourselves, then we might be more inclined to buy something from a person of our same race, or more likely to convict a suspect in a trial because of his race, or worse yet, fail to become good friends with someone because of their race.

The only way around racism is to get to know people on a personal basis. Once you become friends with a person, you won't even remember what color their skin is.

Nate

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think there is a difference between racism and bigotry. Racism is when you form preconceptions about a person based on his color or other features commonly used to classify people by ancestral origin. This can be very subtle: the kind of thing naterprius was talking about; or it can be more overt, as when a person openly asserts that this or that group is lazy, or athletic, or habitually drunk, or stingy, or whatever. Bigotry is hatred of people based on similar stereotypes.

Bigotry is deeply ingrained in the fabric of American society, but racism is virtually universal. And it lives among all groups. I was surprised, when I was in prison, to find that Blacks and Hispanics seemed to hate each other more than either of them hated Whites. Given the history of discrimination, I expected to be the object of racism from both groups, but my experience was quite the opposite. I never had an unfriendly encountry with a Black or Hispanic fellow inmate. I heard that about a week before I arrived at the federal prison at El Reno, OK, some Hispanic inmates had stopped an attempted rape of a White inmate by Black inmates. While this may have been motivated in part by the extreme homophobia of the Hispanic culture, the idea of Hispanics saving a White from Blacks was curious. The Hispanics hated the Blacks more than they hated the Whites.

So bigotry and racism should not be lumped together, though they sometimes do go hand in hand.

Is everyone in the U.S. racist? Definitely not. I am sure there are at least ten or twenty Americans who are not.

17. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Jul 13 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]285844[/snapback]</div>
    King,

Don't you think this is a bit of an anti-Wildkow statement....

There you go being a Wildkow biggot... You should work on that...

I think we should have a big group hug and maybe a 10 minute cry in order to get this thread into 'harmony' with one anothers feelings. If we can just all get along, it will be a perfect place here.

Now say you are sorry for your biggoted remarks to wildkow, his feelings are probably devestated by this...

hahahahahahaa... LOL... Yep, I'm sure Wildkow is stinging from this one... And rightfully so, you put him in his place once and for all!!

18. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jul 13 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]285951[/snapback]</div>
    Why would you say that? You are the only one catagorizing a broad segment of the population based on the comments of a few. That is the very definition of bigotry, and you are the only one in this thread doing it.

19. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Traits based on differences I do not consider racist. A dated a few ladies in college who had different features than I and they tended to put "oil" in their hair while I had to try to remove it from mine. To assume this is not racist, but a general trait.

It is a fact that oin average there are some differences in body fat concentrations, height, weight distribution, skin colors, and general characteristics and to assume these to be generally true is not racist but normal.

When i was a young child my favorite book was called "Little Black Sambo" and my mother would read that story to me over and over again. She used that book to teach me that all people are created equal. Her idea was good, the story was fun, and the message was learned.

That is now a "banned book" and since i have not seen it since I was probably five or six years old I do not know why it was banned but I "assume" it was because of stereotypes or word selection.

Anyway, we all make assumptions. If I drive by a trailer in Northern Maine with rusty siding, five grubby kids in the yard, a color tv on the porch, two snowmobiles on the front yard, and a pit bull chained up outside I make assumptions. I also "assume" they are probably white as we have very few people in Maine that are not white.

20. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Demon-crats? Is that like Glib-erals and Neo-Con-servatives? :)