1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are Goodyear Integrity tires stock on the Touring Edition?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Prius77094, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I read in another forum post (Here) that the Prius Touring Edition comes with Bridgestone tires, and not the Goodyear Integrity tires. Is this true?
    I have an 08' Prius Touring Edition. My tires are Goodyear Integrity P185/65 R15
    Does anyone know if I have the proper tires for the Touring Edition?
    Thanks, Bill J.

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The touring comes with Bridgestones and 16 inch wheels....if you have a Touring with the 15 inch Goodyear Integrity tires, you need to see your dealer right away and have them right the wrong or call Toyota Corporate

3. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry, I posted this thread to the wrong forum group. I didn't see a way to delete my thread, so please forgive me. Bill J.

4. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Touring version has 16" wheels, not 15". Maybe you're mistaken about having a Touring version.

5. hiremichaelreid

hiremichaelreid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My dealer told me they install the wheels/tires at the port. That was his excuse for why I had a Goodyear warranty booklet in my "Canadian Touring".

This is at least the second "rumor" (none confirmed yet) I've read of a Touring with 15" wheels and GY tires. If this is not just a case of someone thinking they have a Touring when they don't it would be very interesting.

I think if they install wheels/tires at the port, they might make some mistakes.

6. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Oh God! I'm close to freaking out! I've already put some miles on the tires, I bought the car in Florida and drove it to Texas. Actually, I'm not terribly concerned, but I will call the dealership in Florida tomorrow and have them set up an appointment with a dealership here in Houston. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly. I'll report back with my experience. Thanks for the fast reply sdtundra

7. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well then the invoice for my Prius is mistaken, along with my mistakenly paying for it!

8. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was under the impression that the cars are shipped with the wheels mounted, so they can drive the cars on and off the ship.

What might have happened is that a non-Touring buyer wanted to buy the 16" Touring wheels and they swapped them, perhaps expecting to eventually mount aftermarket wheels on the Touring model, but sold it before the new wheels were mounted (and forgot). Or maybe they were just trying to pull a fast one and hoped no one would notice.

9. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hope they weren't trying to pull a fast one, but who knows. I know I have the touring edition because I have the HID headlamps and the fog lights, which I believe are available only on the touring edition. I guess they could install those things at the dealership though. But the touring edition suspension is another story. So I will have a talk with the dealership tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The HIDs and fog lights are available on the Standard Prius too. They are part of option packages #4, 5 & 6.

If you want to, you can check your rear shocks by looking underneath your car from the rear. The Touring's rear shocks should have Pink & Red stripes on them. The Standard's rear shocks should have Light Blue & Red stripes.

The Touring also has a larger rear spoiler, but you may not be able to tell the difference.

I suspect you got a Standard Prius.

Here's the 2008 Prius eBrochure:

http://www.toyota.com/html/tcuv/brochures/08_prius.pdf

11. Kds45

Kds45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have HID headlights and fog lights (Pkg 5) - doesn't make it a touring. The touring definately should have the bigger wheels.

12. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Was this a new vehicle? Used? Fleet?
    Is there a model number (1224 or 1226) on this invoice?
    Very interesting thread.

13. hiremichaelreid

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I

If you bought it in good faith as a Touring, and paid Touring price and have Touring on the invoice, the dealer is responsible for making you "good". If they try to claim you changed it, you might have a fight on your hands, but plenty of people here to help you with advice about that.

So don't worry about the mileage IMO. It's not your fault and you shouldn't have to take any personal loss.

14. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If you still have the window sticker it should say PRIUS TOURING under description, not PRIUS. Under YR?MDL it should say 2008/1226 with a letter after it.

The larger spoiler is only obvious side by side with another Prius. The paint stripes on the rear shocks are a good giveaway. Good luck on this, hope you can get this made right. If handling is important to you then the touring is a big improvement.

15. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The shocks are light blue and red, and I am pissed. I can't find the window sticker, I'm sure it said touring edition. Time to do battle....

16. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    By the way, any dealer can look up your VIN number and tell you the full description of the car including option packages.

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That and the 15" Standard Prius wheels/tires are enough evidence for me. Really sorry for your problem. Good luck.

18. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also have the HID headlamps and the fog lights, however, I do not have the touring. HID and fog are part of non-touring package #4, #5, and #6.

As best as I recall the only 3 things that are available in the touring and not available in the standard are the 16" wheels, the slightly extended spoiler, and the stiffer suspension.

19. hiremichaelreid

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I

Go get them !! :tsk:

Invoice is more important that window sticker IMO, since it's a legal contract. Does invoice say Touring ?

If you are happy with the non-Touring, consider giving them a "cash refund" offer, unless you REALLY want a Touring. But IMO, make the offer a lot higher than the normal Touring premium, especially if they charged you more than MSRP or otherwise dicked you around.

20. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow, what a shocker. I do not have the touring edition, and I guess I didn't pay for it. I did ask for the touring edition, but I guess I wasn't paying attention when I took delivery. Anyway, I bought the Prius with the #5 package, and then they did an aftermarket leather upgrade for $900.00. I got screwed on that because the steering wheel is not leather trimmed. There isn't much I can do, as I would have to put another 1100 miles on it to drive back to Florida and try to get my money back. That means the Prius would have almost 3000 miles on it when I gave it back to them. Plus, I would have to wait for a another Prius, and I'm sure they would put me at the end of line. The only real harm done is that I asked for touring edition and I didn't get one. I am still very happy with the car, it has pretty much everything but the 16" wheels and the sport tuned suspension. Does the 15" wheels give the Prius better fuel economy than the 16" wheels? Can I eventually upgrade the wheels to 16" if I wanted to, or is that not possible with my car model (1224)? Boy, talk about your day being turned on a dime. I would have lived in ignorant bliss if hadn't been doing some casual reading in the Prius Modification group. I am glad I found out now instead of later. Thanks for all of the help, I am now enlightened:) -Bill J.