1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are the 2006 Prius seats different from 2005?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by halby1, May 10, 2006.

1. halby1

halby1 New Member

I want to change from cloth to leather and I'm wondering if I can order covers which show for the 2006 Prius.
    I have a 2005 Prius. Thanks, Halby1

2. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The factory leather seats in my 2006 are firmer and more comfortable than the cloth in my 2004. There is no increase in lumbar support but I do prefer them over the old. I doubt this related much to putting aftermarket leather on an 05.

3. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Check out an aftermarket leather shop that caters mostly to car dealers rather than the public. To do 95% of car dealer business, their work has to look perfect!

I just added leather to my '06 for a cost of $1100. I thought this was much cheaper than going with a package #8 which would have amounted to nearly $4000 more than I paid for my Prius.

The big advantage of going to an aftermarket leather shop is that they have a wide selection of both colors and fabric styles to choose from. In my color, for example, I could choose between solid and perforated seats (like the factory installed ones from Toyota). For colors, they must have about 10 shades within each color to select from.

Check with your car dealer to see where they take their vehicles to install leather!