1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are there any iPhone/iPad apps that are as functional as a scangauge?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by BrettS, Apr 19, 2011.

1. BrettS

BrettS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm seriously considering getting a scangauge, but before I do I wanted to consider my other options. From what I could see, it looks like there are two iOS apps out there that can read a lot of the same metrics that the scangauge does... Rev and DashCommand. However, in doing some research on these apps it wasn't clear if they would only work with the PID's that they come programmed for or if you can add PID's like with the scangauge xgauge.

I'd really rather go the iOS route because I think you could get much prettier displays and much more cusomization, but I want to make sure that we can see our hybrid specific PID's.

Has anyone spent any time playing with either of these apps with a Prius? Or are you aware of any other apps that will do what I want?

Thanks,
    Brett

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have Rev and a wireless OBII thingie. Based on limited nosing about on their website and on the web, I'm pretty sure there is no way to add PIDs.