1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are there any Prius owners from Mississippi on here

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by adpiattny, May 3, 2006.

1. adpiattny

adpiattny New Member

Or am I the only one. I purchased my 2004 prius this week in the city where I live, but it came from an auction. I just wonder how much of a "fan base" prius has in Mississippi. I am so glad to have my car. I can't wait to see what kind of gas mileage I get from my first tank. I had a chrysler sebring convertible. I expect to see a huge difference.

If you are from Mississippi- Is there a driving club?

2. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adpiattny @ May 3 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]249328[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a few miles from the border in Germantown, TN.

3. TheLastPicasso

TheLastPicasso New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adpiattny @ May 3 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]249328[/snapback]</div>
    I'm from Alabama! Hi neighbor!

I'm also on my first tank and averaging 50 mpg with about 150 miles.

4. billf

billf New Member

I was born in Meridian, but currently live in Birmingham AL.

5. bhenner

bhenner New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adpiattny @ May 3 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]249328[/snapback]</div>

Got one here now!

6. chimohio

chimohio New Member

I'm from Hernando MS but live in Ohio now. My guess is you'll see some in NW MS around Memphis; Jackson; Hattisburg; Meridian, Tupelo and maybe Starkville (Go Dawgs) - probably not many other places. They are still waiting to pave more of the roads. :lol:

7. jtullos

jtullos New Member

Born, raised, and edumucated in Mississippi (for the most part). I'm from Natchez, my wife lived in Meridian.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Nov 7 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]345235[/snapback]</div>
    Too true, too true. Though around here, they don't always bother to pave the roads at all.

8. OleMissPrius

OleMissPrius New Member

Hi there! I'm in Oxford and there are at least 6 here and know of 2 in Batesville (I work there). We just bought ours in August and are loving it. I'm averaging 42 mph - mostly highway - I drive around 75 miles per day round trip and usually set the cruise around 72 or so for the drive between towns. I'm sure I could get better mileage - but haven't really done any experimenting yet.

9. narussian

narussian New Member

I used to live in Jackson, guess that doesn't mean alot to you now! I LOVE OXFORD!!! Still have a few friends there!

Enjoy!

10. gravenstuk

gravenstuk New Member

I am a wannabe Prius owner. How do you like the way your Prius drives? Did it make you nervous buying from Auction? Did the Toyota warranty carry over or did you buy an extended warranty?

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Get Real @ Nov 24 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]353707[/snapback]</div>
    Got my '04 in Dec. '04 off of Ebay (with all options except leather which was added later). Paid 18k plus 1.5k for CA tax/license and $900 for extended warranty (which already paid for itself). The seller was a milatary dude running away to Canada. It's the best car I've had so far, & I've been driving for 35yrs.