1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are there any PriusChatter's near Charlotte, NC ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ericbecky, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am looking to put together a hybrid car gathering near Charlotte, North Carolina this summer on June 30th. It would be in Concord, NC. Are there any Prius Chat people in the area? I can't seem to find many mentions of Charlotte when searching the forums.

Would you be interested in a get together on that day?

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    sure!!!! we're only a couple of hours away!! :D

3. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Apr 5 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]418470[/snapback]</div>
    Not a Prius owner, but I'm in Rock Hill and would come up to Concord for the day. Thinking about Concord Mills or that area?

And Danny is in Columbia, so it would be an easy drive for him as well!

4. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

I'm just a couple of hours away, but I tend not to go to things. It's too nice where I am!

Maybe if I knew more about it. Or maybe I'm a fuddy duddy.

5. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Apr 6 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]418725[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the responses. I am looking to put together a hybrid car showing at an existing car event. We would have our own space to set up our hybrids, but I need someone more local to do a bit of the logistics. As you may have noticed, I am up in Wisconsin.

The event would last a few hours.

Some other ideas
    - have a local dealer (or dealers) bring a hybrid or two
    - have a booth where someone could do a short informal presentation about hybrids
    - get someone from the local University to do a presentation about hybrids

Since this is a totally new event I am pretty open to ideas that would add to the fun.

Think of it as a small "Taste of Hybridfest".

6. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

Davidson College is not too far away. Perhaps you could interest them.

7. Susanne101

Susanne101 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Apr 5 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]418470[/snapback]</div>

I live in Charlotte, NC.... on the south side near Pineville. It would be great to get together.... we could all wax our cars??? :lol:

Susanne and Chip

8. xxfwmxx

xxfwmxx New Member

Im in Greenville, SC and would love to come up for the day to talk and show off my Hybrid

9. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Susanne101 @ Apr 8 2007, 12:39 AM) [snapback]419723[/snapback]</div>
    It is great to see the responses! It should be a fun gathering.

The event will be in historic downtown Concord, NC, (Concord is ~35 northeast of Charlotte)
    Arrival time will be in the morning ~9am and possibly end near lunchtime? This still needs to be hammered out.

There is a large national car event going on that morning. I have secured a small section of their car display area for us show off our hybrids. It won't be only limited to Prius. It'll be a great way to hang out for a few hours and to share your experience with others about your hybrid.

But before this can become a reality, we really need one or two people to be the go-to person on that day. Without a local person helping out with a bit of the logistics, this will not work out and I'll simply forfeit the space I've reserved.

I hear people are willing to come, which is great, but is anyone local willing to be the go-to person?
    At minimum it would involve coordinating some stuff like:
    - confirming the time we need to arrive, how long we will be staying, and when we will be leaving
    - Sharing that info with the rest of the people who are coming.
    - maybe getting a local speaker to talk about hybrids, or maybe have one person from the group of owners do a short presentation on a hybrid topic 5-10 minutes?
    - Getting an "easy up" tent/awning so that there is a bit of shade/weather protection in case the speaker needs it?
    - having fun

If we can get a small gathering of hybrids there it would be nice, but for now I really need to know in the next week whether someone will be the local contact. You can post here or PM me or I'd be happy to call you and talk about it over on the phone.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Eric -

I'd definitely be interested in attending, but I'm not sure if I could help coordinate it.

If you can think of anything I could do to help, let me know.

Danny

11. bradysplace

bradysplace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Apr 5 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]418470[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Eric. Let me know about the particulars I have a home in the smokeys halfway between ashville and greenville/spartenburg. Clt is only 90 min. away. Greg

12. briand

briand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Are there any PriusChatter's near Charlotte, NC ?

how was the event? I live in Charlotte sorry i missed it.

Ive been on PC for a while now and just found this thread. There should be a NC Charlotte Group thread