1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are these recommendations the same? ‘Replace brake accumulator’ and ‘replace brake actuator assemb

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jennifer33777, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Jennifer33777

Jennifer33777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    After taking in my car for an evaluation at the Toyota garage I got this texted to me:

C1256 low pressure in accumulator

C1391abnormal leak

replace brake actuator assembly

When I picked up my car and the paperwork listed the same codes but it said recommend to replace brake accumulator

The Toyota shop wants 3.5k for the job, so I’m trying to find another shop that has done this and want to make sure I ask for the correct thing.

Also, I’ve replaced the 12 V battery (5yrs ago) and the inverter (2-3 years ago) - It seems from this chat that this accumulator issue is common. If I keep the car and repair it am I looking at any other big cost repairs that are common coming up soon?

I appreciate so much the responses I’ve gotten to previous question.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On a gen 2, those are the same thing.

On other Prius generations, those are two different things.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You stop talking to the Toyota shop right away You're in Ohio You can do a lot better very quickly I didn't notice the city you're in but you can do way better somebody just posted the part up here they bought it online directly from Toyota brand new in the box for $1,100 or something like that so there's that handled they're charging you 14 to $1,700 at the Toyota shop just for the part so that saving you three to whatever $100 right there and then generally this job takes me about 2.2 hours to do the physical labor in about 40 minutes to bleed the brakes with the proper software If I could get close to $2,000 for that I'd be rolling pretty good generally that gets me about 5:50 if I'm lucky too bad you're not closer I guess. You can do better so minus the part price from my total here you see what you're paying per hour for labor and I'm telling you the hours that it actually takes me and I am near 70 years old and I'm not blazing fast I guess I'm quicker than some of these guys doesn't really matter The point is I couldn't consciously charge some poor woman or anybody for that matter 15 to $1,700 for the labor on this job I've been working on stuff a long time there's just no way I can justify 3 hours of my time at $1,900 1750 I would love to but you know that just doesn't seem correct That's the difference between those guys now and the old guys I guess