1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are they revoking carpool stickers pre 2007?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dfrost7, May 18, 2007.

1. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

Listening to the news this morning, they said California is going to bring before the State Legislature a proposal to do away with all Carpool stickers on anything other than Civic and Prius 2007 and newer. What can we do? I have a new 2006, is the Hybrid technology different from 2006 to 2007? Please help. They said it was due to overcrowding from the Hybrids (as if).

2. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The technology is the same.

Call your local state Assemblyman's office and ask for info.

3. Bendial80

Bendial80 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ May 18 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]444989[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah god forbid you come to a Prius forum to ask Prius questions...please get your information directly from the source only. <end sarcasm>

4. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bendial @ May 18 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]445040[/snapback]</div>
    Settle down dude. He answered the question about the Prius technology and doesn't know about the other question. I searched the web and also can't find anything about this either. Is your response answering the OP's question?

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Um . . . TROLL ALERT. :mellow:

Just signed-up, then posts this gem? Totally unverifiable, no links, just an 'I heard it on the radio.'

"California" is going to bring before the State Legislature a proposal? Just whom is this "California" person, group, thingy?

I doubt there is any validity to this post. I'm sure not going to worry about it until I hear something more concrete.

As far as we know it could have been a shock jock bit on some Bubba and the Zoo Morning Show talking about how they hate seeing hybrid hov stickered cars in the diamond lanes. :rolleyes:

6. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't know about revoking the stickers, but I see just as many single driver "cheaters" in the carpool lanes as I do "legal" hybrids. If there is no way to enforce the cheater drivers, what good are the stickers anyway? In LA, it seems to me, you don't really need the sticker, just jump the double yellow and go for it. I see it all day long. How lucky do you feel? Some cheater drivers jump lanes several times in a couple of miles.

7. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

I live in Los Angeles, California. I bought my Prius in August 2006. I was listening to channel 2 news, CBS at about 6:30 this morning. I joined this group hoping there were genuinely honest Prius lovers/owners here that could advise me of what they might know. I AM going to call my State Rep and find out what the heck is going on. You know, originally I found this group a couple of days before my car arrived and told another guy I work with how great I thought this site was. But, if it's another egotistical, hostile forum that just berates innocent people who are trying to get some information to heck with you all! I am a new person here, but I know how rude people can be on forums, just didn't think it would happen on this, thought you had class. Troll? I'm a teacher, I am intelligent and ask intelligent questions. You Geek. I'll call my Rep and you're going to look like a dope for not helping ALL OF US get to the bottom of this. If you can't be nicer to new people, I don't need this forum.

8. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

I just got off the phone with my Assemblyman's office, Bob Huff. They are emailing the bill.

9. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    See the post in Hybrid News forum. It may be the EPA that comes to rescue the stickerless drivers. Maybe good news, maybe not, depending on your perspective. It may let more kinds of hybrids in than now possible, including Chevy Silverados (!) Check it out.

We're not all geeks, here, just tired of the sticker shock!

10. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"If you can't be nicer to new people, I don't need this forum."

Don't let the door hit you...

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfrost7 @ May 18 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]445102[/snapback]</div>

I think if you saw how many trolls come into this forum to post stupid stuff to try and put down hybrids you would understand why some are so quick to judge. I would suggest just checking other areas of the forum and learn what information that is helpful to you. Most of the people on this forum are great IMO.

Statistically speaking there is a higher percentage of these types of threads created by people with no real concern for the post other than to start trouble and questioning. Do a search for the CNW or Sudbury threads and you'll see what I mean. lol

Hope your day is going well, don't let this one thread bother you. :)

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfrost7 @ May 18 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]445102[/snapback]</div>
    If you can't be nicer to those of us who have been around these parts for a long time . . . ;)

If you aren't a troll, Welcome to Priuschat! - albeit a trial by fire due to your very first post being a very good imitation of troll bait. :rolleyes:
    Don't you think it would have been better for you to first call Bob Huff, then post some real, verifiable news? :huh:

I'm looking forward to hearing about the fax . . . or not . . . we'll see.

13. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  14. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 18 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]445220[/snapback]</div>
    Christ all freakin' mighty you are annoying. Drop it. The guy had a legitimate question that is directly pertinent to many of us. I hope you haven't scared him away.

You, my fellow Prius chat-ter, are behaving like a curmudgeon.

Ask not for whom the chat trolls, it trawls from Sufferin' Prius Envy's fingertips! <_<

15. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seeh2o @ May 18 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]445406[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, but I'm not the only one here who thinks this smells of troll bait.

I'm sure we (I) didn't scare dfrost7 away. As he/she stated, "I'll call my Rep and you're going to look like a dope for not helping ALL OF US get to the bottom of this."

So we wait. :unsure:

Until then, may I suggest you take very small sips of the cool-aid, because as of yet, nobody can verify if it is tainted or not. ;)

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfrost7 @ May 18 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]444979[/snapback]</div>
    It sounds like they didn't get their information quite right. I think it's the EPA that is introducing a sticker/access HOV thing for a narrow list of hybrids. Prius 2004 and up are on the list. Since the cutoff for stickers came around February 2007 if they revoked all those previous to 2007, there wouldn't be many left. I'd say the news got it twisted.

17. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 18 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]445478[/snapback]</div>

The EPA post sounds most like the news story I heard this morning. I searched CBS's site today and tried to find whatever I could. The reason I wrote was when something begins to be acted on, people who are going to be affected by it need all the time they can get to get in motion. I didn't mean to get that guy all paranoid about trolls. Here's the email I received from my Assemblyman's Asst. She was really quick in getting back to me and said that there is so much support in the Assembly it would never pass anyway:

Hi Laurie,

Here is the link to an article from the SF Chronicle from earlier this year that just references concern that HOV lanes are becoming congested due to hybrid cars having access because of the stickers.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...BAGPCNTJKT1.DTL

Junay Gardner Logan

Chief of Staff

Office of Assemblyman Bob Huff

18. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    ...<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 18 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]445459[/snapback]</div>
    You really are a piece of work.

Please note, this is not meant as a compliment.

19. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfrost7 @ May 18 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]445488[/snapback]</div>
    So evidently dfrost7 ISN'T a troll. Glad we got that cleared up.
    Also: guess the stickers are safe for now.

Dfrost7: thanks for the follow up.

20. PriusBoyAZ

PriusBoyAZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil @ May 18 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]445175[/snapback]</div>
    OH MY GOD what is your problem??