1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are we so sure that the 2010's won't be available until late May?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by joe1347, Apr 25, 2009.

1. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A quick check of dealer inventory in Maryland seems to show a rapidly dwindling inventory of 2009 Priuses that are likely not being replaced (with more 2009's). Perhaps Toyota still has a 'stash' of 2009 Priuses that still haven't been shiped to the Dealers, but it's looking like local dealers are not receiving any more 2009 Priuses and are quickly selling off their remaining inventory at slightly sub invoice pricing.

The situation seems to suggest that some dealers will be receiving 2010 Priuses fairly soon - next couple of weeks - as opposed to late May.

2. Mormegil

Mormegil Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Unless the representatives from Toyota are fooling with us, May seems likely. They just started rolling off the assembly line a few days ago, and the first batch just left Japan by ship yesterday.

I don't know how fast those ships are, but you never know. Maybe it'll be a bit sooner, and they're only saying last week of May so we don't get disappointed if they're late.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect they are running down stock becuase no one wants to be caught with stock of the 2009 once the 2010 hits the floor. Not only will they be anticipating a rush on the new 2010 but a flood of good used Prius in their used car yards.

I said it earlier, if you want a good used Prius scope out your local Toyota dealers once the new 2010 hits the ground.

4. BH1973

BH1973 Junior Member

I have a strong feeling there will still be a lot of 2009s sitting around when the 2010s hit the showroom. Every dealer around here has a dozen or more sitting around, some 20+. They're just not moving that quickly. There will be some great deals on these - even better than they are now - when the 2010s show up.

5. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just did a quick check of Mossy Toyota and they show 70 in stock. They used to have 100+ in stock so when 2010's start showing up they'll really have to make deals on the 2009's.

6. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a feeling the first 2010's will start arriving around the middle of May. I'd say in about 3 weeks, with the majority coming late in May and early June. (Doug, am I right?):D

7. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Longo in El Monte, CA, the largest US Toyota dealer, shows 39 new Prius in stock.
    Longo Toyota is a El Monte Scion, Toyota dealer and a new car and used car El Monte CA Scion, Toyota dealership.

My closest dealer, Rancho Santa Margarita Toyota, shows 7 in stock.
    Toyota New Car Inventory - Tacoma, Corolla, Camry - Toyota of Rancho Santa Margarita - Proudly serving the cities of Rancho Santa Margarita, El Toro, Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo, CA.

Tustin Toyota is also nearby and shows 21 in stock.
    http://www.tustintoyota.com/new-inv...oyota&SBmodel=Prius&SBbodystyle=clear&start=0

So it looks like those dealers were smart enough to control their inventory and not be stuck with an excess of new 2009.

8. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Interesting. Here in norther Virginia, I see that
    Bill Page Toyota in Falls Church has 13 2009s (Bill Page Toyota: Inventory Search Results)

Jack Taylor's Alexandria Toyota has 35.
    (Jack Taylor's Alexandria Toyota| Inventory Search Results)

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like those dealers manage their stock well.

10. Bob 411

Bob 411 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

There is always the possibility of pirates. :D

11. BH1973

BH1973 Junior Member

I think 30+ 2009 Priuses, the vehicle whose sales have declined more than any other, left a month before the new 2010s arrive, is not a good position to be in. These cars are hardly moving, and at least some buyers - maybe a lot - will know that the 2010s, a much better car, will be out in just a few weeks, thereby slowing sales unless prices are cut dramatically. The average price for a 2009 #2 is still around 22k. That's just way to high to clear them off the lots before the new ones arrive.

12. Memphis Prius

Memphis Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is my first post and I want to thank everyone on this board for all the wonderful information. After one Memphis dealer told my friend that they would have no 2010 Prius until Thanksgiving, I established contact with the local Wofchase Toyota. The internet manager there (Tim) has been great and kept me in the loop. We have exchanged emails several times and he has been on top of the news along with all of you on this board. He called to say he was holding a brochure for me today and when I went to pick it up he said he thinks they will have a 2010 by Memorial Day in Memphis. First time someone in my part of the world has said this to me. Counting the days!