1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you a single male, interested in a relationship?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ggalanti, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

This is a bit bizarre, but I have a girlfriend who would like to meet a nice guy, the kind of guy who would drive a Prius. He should be 45-55 years old, single, and live on the west side of Los Angeles. (She lives in Santa Monica.) Are you out there? 8)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is she interested in moving to a small, friendly, safe, peaceful, clean city where you can breathe the air and where drivers are polite? Where there are three universities and tree-lined streets. Our only disadvantage is very cold winters, but not a lot of total snow accumulation in a typical winter. Where "traffic jam" means one crowded intersection and a 3-minute delay. Where you can go to a movie in the evening and when it lets out you're never more than 10 or 12 minutes from home. And in rush hour you're never more than 20 minutes from anywhere.

???

3. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Sounds appealing! But I don't think she wants to move ... and I certainly don't want her to. Too many of my friends have already moved out of LA. But thanks for responding. I'll pass your message onto her.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont' qualify for this one. Know of anyone closer to nor cal and around my age? 20 ? :mrgreen:

5. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

I know a lot of people in Northern California, but they're all over 40. Good luck!!

6. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm intrigued. Please describe her perceptions of typical Prius guy attributes. BTW, what does she drive? I'm partial to women driving red Ferraris. :lol:

7. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

I'll tell you soon, but first I'd be interested in hearing what others perceive as typical Prius guy attributes. She drives a black Acura. Not quite a red Ferrari, I'm afraid. :p

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's my take on typical Prius-driver attributes (male or female):

Likes gadgets; is concerned about the environmment, but not enough to give up a car entirely; wants to consume less gas (whether for economic or environmental reasons, or both); can afford to buy a car in the $20K - $26K price range; prefers a mid-size mid-power sedan over an SUV or a muscle car.

Based on what I read on Prius Chat (which might not be a representative sample of Prius drivers, since we are the computer-geek subset of Prius drivers) a Prius driver is more likely to be liberal or libertarian than conservative on social issues. After all, if you believe that Jesus is coming back a week from next Tuesday you are not likely to care how long the oil supply is going to last.

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The subject of this thread made me smile, since on multiple occasions I've had requests to start a Prius singles network. If there's interest I just might do it.

10. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are still waiting Danny :) lol :mrgreen:

11. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"52818)</div>
    Daniel... reminds me of where I grew up... a Danish Disneyland, called Solvang CA.. as late as 1980, we had no stop lights.. the movie theater had given way to a mini mall.. but a Saturday nite could be spent at the ice cream shoppe... Oh and about three miles away was a restaurant, that made it's name on pea soup...haha...I ran away from all that to the glitz of Reno, NV.. still a small town at that time with great shows and good food.. Now I live in the grater Denver CO area... I really miss the small town.. where you know people and actually talk to them...

Geri-Ann.. hope your match making works... Daniel...thanks for the memories of days gone bye..

Bob 'Pea Soup' Andersen

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"52994)</div>
    I used to love that soup. I went back for refill after refill.

Hey, and Daniel can eat it too; it is all vegetarian.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.peasoupandersens.net/Hap-Pea-trans-3.gif

:lol:

13. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Guess I should change my avatar... :lol:

Thanks for the plug, IsrAmeriPrius.. I can only eat about two bowls at a sitting anymore.. but can still eat it for breakfast..

Daniel will have to drive to an Andersen's restaurant to get some soup.. the store distribution seems to lack outside of California.. although Kroger (plus their counterpart stores) Safeway and Longs Drugs do have the ability to order it in.. when we were touring the Andersen dragster and were giving away soup, we were able to shame a local Safeway into putting the soup on the shelf...

Daniel, drop me your address and I'll send you a can... it is truly a vegetarian soup.. and guy food too.. just heat and eat.... :lol:

Bob Andersen

14. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I must clarify my earlier message. I still love Andersen's Pea Soup. Nowadays, I buy it at the market. Last year, even the 99 Cents Store stocked it.

It's been years since I have been to any of the restaurants. In addition to the one in Buellton, I remember there being one off I-5 north of San Diego and one in the Claremont area. I have no idea if the latter two are still in business.

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Maybe we should start a Pea Soup Andersen thread... :lol: :lol:

Buellton is still in operation... one on I-5 at Santa Nella (Gustine exit) is still in operation.. these restaurants are owned by separate owners, under the same name and logos.. not sure how they do this.. but... it works for me..

I own Pea Soup Andersen's of Hawaii... before you jump in the big pond and start swimming.. I must tell you that it is on a small island call Come-on-I-wanta-lay-ya... and is mostly in my mind...

The people who own Santa Nella have a small restaurant on the drawing board called PS Bistro.. they should have one in Modesto.. if it flies look for one neat you..

The other Andersens that you may have seen are closed...

16. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"53080)</div>
    No problem.

Just convert the Andersen's Pea Soup restaurants into singles (soup) bars, and this exchange will be on topic.

:lol: :lol:

17. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Interesting how the topic shifted from finding a guy for my girlfriend to Anderson's Pea Soup!

18. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As an anthropologist, you should know all about evolution.

:wink:

19. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Yes. An as an anthropologist, I realize that it all gets down to food. Apparently, even before sex in some cases.

20. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggalanti\";p=\"53085)</div>
    HEY...spell it right.. with an 'E' :lol: